Who we are looking for:
The Manager oversees all delivery performed by their team of consultants within the Technical Community and helps backup Senior Managers in various areas. This includes tactical project management oversight and delivery, helping ensure projects are completed on-time, on-budget, with high quality. The Manager is the primary point of escalation for client issues during a project. This person is also closely involved in helping mentor, develop and evaluate consultants.
Specifically, this role is within Optiv Cyber Transformation Practice supporting Cloud, Orchestration and Automation, Product Security and Analytics. This role actively contributes to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. Works closely with customer, consultants and project analysts to ensure projects are executed as scoped and customer expectations are met.
In line with Optiv’s commitment to quality, you will confirm that work is of the highest quality as per Optiv’s quality standards, by reviewing the work provided by team members on assigned projects.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Individual contributor acting as a delivery and services leader
- Effectively manage and motivate client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counseling and mentoring consultants
- Provide constructive on-the-job feedback and coaching to team members
- Train, educate, and equip consultants and engagement delivery teams to support and drive high-performance on client engagements and projects
- Strategize with the Practice Directors to determine what skillset is needed on the bench for the foreseeable future.
- Deliver quality services, activities, and processes necessary to provide quality results on projects
- Foster relationships with client representatives
- Consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
- Monitor progress, manage risk and inform key stakeholders
- Manage expectations of client service delivery
- Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Understand Optiv and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients
- Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across all Optiv’s practices to serve client needs
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge around Digital Transformation
- Possess in-depth business acumen
- Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 5-6 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4-5 years of related work experience with a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related major.
- Knowledge of general security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, architectures or governance.
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell).
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws.
- Strong technical understanding in one or more of the following disciplines – Cloud, Orchestration and Automation, Product Security and Analytics.
- Technical architecture experience integrating data protection software into clients' infrastructure; network architecture design, implementation and administration.
- Working knowledge of operating systems, virtual machine environments, mainframe security packages, relational database management systems, unstructured data and the use of Digital Transformation technologies in support of meeting client security requirements.
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs
- Valid driver's license in the US
- The successful candidate must hold or be willing to pursue related professional certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, CISA, AWS, Azure or GCP as well as others
Why you’ll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world’s largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market-leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
A competitive total rewards program
Professional training opportunities
Engaging and fun culture
Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers