The Chelsea at Warren is looking for an experienced Full Time Recreation Assistant for our Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. Experience conducting activities with residents in the assisted living healthcare setting is preferred. The overall weekly schedule would be working Tuesday through Saturday day shifts.
Assists Recreation Director in creating, planning, and implementing a vital program of
recreation that stimulates the resident cognitively, culturally, creatively, psychologically,
spiritually and physically. Promotes individual and group pleasure and social interaction.
- Assists the Recreation Director to develop and promote recreational programs,
including, but not limited to, music, dance, arts and crafts, cultural presentations,
nature study, social recreation, games and trips.
- Assists the Recreation Director in coordinating lectures on topics of interest to
- Adapts recreation programs to meet the needs and preferences of individual
- Assists the Recreation Director in developing and nurturing relationships in the
community, that will encourage the integration of our residents and the community.
- Assists the Recreation Director in scheduling recreational programs in the community
and in coordination Van/Bus transportation.
- Assists the Recreation Director in developing and implementing procedures, so those
residents can sign up for desired recreation programs in the community.
- Handles documentation as required by regulation. Communicates with residents,
residents’ families, staff and regulatory agencies.
- Sets up room prior to activity or program by assembling all materials and equipment
i Serves refreshments at appropriate functions. Coordinates with Food Services Director.
- Visits residents. Learns their particular preferences. Encourages residents to become
involved in activities inside and/or outside the residence.
- Assists residents in arranging transportation to outside activities when requested. These
activities can be social and/or religious in nature.
- Always maintains an outgoing and positive attitude.
i Engages residents in meaningful activities in order to enhance their quality of life.
i Maintain confidentiality of all residents at all times.
i Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: High School graduate. Two years experience and/or training. Health care experiences a plus. Courses in activities, recreation, and arts and crafts helpful.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, residents’ families, regulatory agencies or members of the community. Must be able to provide redirection for confused or distressed residents.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current valid applicable state Driver’s License
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with residents, residents’ families, other employees, regulatory agencies and the public. The employee will visit all floors to supervise activities. The employee must be able to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee may regularly push, lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee needs to be able to set up rooms and decorate for activities and special events.
Must have current CPR and First Aid certification
Interested candidates please send resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)