GA HR Generalist
Telgian Holdings, Inc. is seeking an HR Generalist to oversee the administration and delivery of variety of complex and routine HR-related functions including employee relations, employment lifecycle management, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), training and development, and compliance with Federal, state and local employment laws. Secondary functions include the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. In carrying out these responsibilities, the HR Generalist will support the President of Telgian Holdings, Inc. and the Executive Vice President of HR at Telgian Holdings, Inc.s’ parent company, respond to associate inquiries and/or advise managers, supervisors and administrators in HR practices and solutions. This position will report directly to the President of Telgian Holdings, Inc. and secondarily to the EVP Human Resources at Telgian Holdings, Inc.s’ parent company.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the administration and delivery of variety of complex and routine HR-related functions including employee relations, employment lifecycle management, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), and training and development. Secondary functions include administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs and supporting/ maintaining compliance with Federal, state and local employment laws . The HR Generalist primary internal customers include senior HR staff, operations managers/supervisors and front-line associates:
- ASSOCIATE RELATIONS: Act as escalation point for manager/associate concerns and/or potential litigious matters. Apply conflict management/mediation skills to facilitate resolution. Direct/drive higher level investigations or allegations of employee misconduct including harassment, discrimination, misconduct, etc. Engage company attorney for counsel when necessary.
- ASSOCIATE RELATIONS: Identify trends and conduct root cause analysis of issues impacting associate engagement and retention; recommend/implement programs to effectively address issues identified. Facilitate associate engagement survey process, focus group feedback and response plan development.
- HR ADMINISTRATION: Process change requests, create and update associate records, run/provide/update reports, maintain associate files. Act as Process Owner for assigned HR processes. Provide guidance to associates and managers on HRIS and Associate Self Service utilization.
- TALENT ACQUISITION: Facilitate recruitment for assigned client group from identification of staffing needs through onboarding/immersion. Facilitates passive recruitment process and Applicant Tracking utilization; directly engages in active recruiting and candidate funnel development.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT: Drive the Performance Management process within assigned client groups. Work with managers and associates to identify and address performance related issues. Provide coaching/guidance to associates and managers on corrective action items including performance improvement plans and behavioral issues.
- TALENT DEVELOPMENT: Develop and conduct soft skills training programs to address talent development needs. Facilitate talent review process for assigned client groups, consult with/train management and associates on setting up Associate Development Plans to improve bench strength and achieve talent development objectives.
- COMPENSATION: Facilitate compensation changes, resolve issues for assigned client groups within established policy. Provide advice/guidance and best practices regarding salary guidelines, pay practices, competitive market philosophies and compensation administration in order to ensure compensation equity across the organization.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT: Influence continuous improvement within assigned client group and the HR team; act as a catalyst of change and stimulating others. Coach various levels of the organization through the change process in such way that the organization continues to evolve towards better performance while increasing the engagement of the associates.
- DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS/TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT: Guide/mentor management on disciplinary and termination processes. Facilitate appropriate associate disciplinary and termination actions for assigned client group; identify trends, conduct root cause analysis and recommend actions to mitigate impact.
- ASSOCIATE RECOGNITION/WELLNESS: may facilitate rewards & recognition and/or company wellness program for client group; drive program involvement/participation and resolve questions/inquiries. GA HR Generalist
At Telgian, we are looking for high performing Team Members to support our mission to save lives and property in partnership with our customers. To achieve this, you will bring the following qualifications to the table:
- A 4-year degree or demonstrated equivalent work experience (B.S. HR, Organizational Management, Psychology or Business strongly preferred);
- PHR is strongly preferred;
- 3 or more years HR Generalist experience handling a wide variety of HR-related functions in a B2B work environment required.
- 5 or more years progressive HR experience highly preferred.
- 2 or more years recruiting experience a strong plus.
- Knowledgeable in current HR practices, laws, trends and information; able to translate HR concerns in a manner that is understood and accepted by operations personnel;
- Professional presence, strong work ethic and ability to effectively interact cross-functionally to meet and exceed internal customer expectations;
- Accurately scope, plan and deliver work on time and on target in a dynamic work environment;
- Able to identify and successfully engage managers and associates and potential job candidates;
- Able to identify issues/opportunities, and get things done through both through formal channels and informal network;
Job Type: Full-time
- HR Generalist: 3 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 6 years (Preferred)