What you will do
To provide new hire and incumbent development through utilizing adult learning methodologies and practices, facilitation of lectures, webinars, hands-on and web-based training, as well as through supervised on-the-job training. Responsible for the management and supervision of new hires and incumbents throughout the training period. May also supervise, lead and develop Training Assistants.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Manager, Training and Development, to provide standardized, current training curriculum to new hires and incumbents.
- Prepare and conduct all CMC/FSC/ASC training regarding systems (i.e., Admin, CARMS, Informix, MasterMind, Telmar, Document Manager, etc.) soft skills (i.e., customer service skills), and center-wide policies and procedures.
- Utilize a professional and engaging approach in the presentation of training programs, ensuring interactive methods are employed.
- Incorporate training methods that support all learning styles in the delivery of training programs.
- Responsible for all training class preparation, facilitation and completion, including materials and classroom set-up/preparation, requesting log-ins and database access, and administrative functions pre-, during- and post-class.
- Maintain accuracy of training class information on the National Training Team Portal.
- Provide regular updates to Manager, Training and Development, and operational partners regarding progress and/or performance of new hires and incumbents during training.
- Partner with technical writer team and local SMEs to develop and update training materials to achieve performance improvement and external customer satisfaction.
- Conduct training initiatives/classes in a manner consistent with supporting the business in meeting its goals and objectives; i.e., ensure trainees are adequately prepared.
- Evaluate and provide feedback to all class participants before completion of training and progression into job role.
- Participate in training focus group meetings and on training project teams for the purpose of identifying areas of opportunity and trends to enhance training curriculum.
- Administration of payroll review and validation for trainees.
- Coordinate with departments to arrange identified resources in support of training curriculum.
- Handle employee relations issues in accordance with Human Resources guidance and direction.
- Ability to work flexible schedule in support of operational needs.
- Ability to travel (typically up to 10%), determined by business need.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we look for
- Four-year degree is preferred, but not required. Must have a minimum of 2-3 years training/call center experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in an inbound/outbound call center environment preferred.
- 2-3 years of training facilitation experience in an inbound/outbound call center environment preferred.
- Presentation Skills; effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-one-one, small and large group facilitation.
- Decision Quality; makes good decisions based on wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Functional/Technical Skills: has knowledge and skills of computer based software and can do the job with high level of accomplishment.
- Business Acumen; has knowledge in business practices, technology, and information affecting the business and organization.
- Customer Focus; is dedicated to meeting the expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Managerial Courage; faces up to people problems on any person or situation quickly and directly.
- Managing and Measuring Work; monitors process, progress, and results.
- Time Management; uses time effectively and efficiently.
- Good Listening skills; practices attentive and active listening.
- Must possess ability to work in a fast paced call center environment.
- Creativity; ability to come up with new and unique ideas to presenting in a classroom setting.
Job Customer Support
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions
To all recruitment agencies:
Johnson Controls does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Johnson Controls employees or any other company location. Johnson Controls is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.