Do amazing work for awesome clients!
Be Part of the Magic.
Moscarino Landscape + Design, Inc. is a fast growing landscaping company that thrives on passion, innovation and agility. We embrace adversity and get strangely excited when solving the most complex, landscape challenges for our clients.
Since 2003; Moscarino has been growing from working out of a small garage with our team of 3 to today over 100 employees across North East Ohio with now two locations in Columbia Station and Warrensville Hts. Our goal over the next 10 years is to triple in size. We service commercial and residential clients, from maintaining the grounds & snow removal at HOA’s or Apartments to building a clients dream backyard, we can do it all and under one roof! We do what we say we are going to do and we have the knowledge and resources to do it.
We are a team that works together to see each other succeed and we want people around us who don’t wait to take action. We like to have fun at work, mistakes are better than inaction as long as you are a learner with a constant drive to keep moving forward.
There is only one boss, the customer. It is our job to be the experts and lead our clients through experience and education. Giving our clients a killer experience is key and everyone on our team should strive to make a clients life easier and better.
Are you ready to think smart and act bold?
What We Are looking For.
Are you a natural leader with a proven track record of driving design projects from inception to execution?
Are you a problem solver who always keeps the big picture in mind without forgetting about the details?
Do you have what it takes to coordinate and motivate cross-functional teams?
Do you want to work with really talented and passionate people?
Moscarino Landscape + Design is looking for a manager responsible for managing a portfolio of landscape maintenance contracts, providing excellent customer service and personnel management, recommend enhancements and prepare proposals, develop and train employees, and deliver quality services to ensure maintenance contract renewals. Besides great organizational skills and knowledge of landscape design, you have to know how to lead customers with love – customer experience is your lifeblood.
This role is not padded with layers of processes and corporate structure. Our manager will need to be proactive, hard-working, and flexible, never let anything slip, and take personal responsibility for the accounts in which they are assigned.
Here Is What You’ll Do.
- The ideal candidate will be great with people and understand the importance of communication including old fashioned pick up the phone techniques.
- Coordinate with upper management to discuss and identify account requirements and objectives while managing expectations.
- Ensure that goals are communicated and adhered to in production, while contributing your point of view openly and honestly.
- Using your industry expertise and relationship-building skills to negotiate business decisions.
- Be bold and inventive in “hugging your customer” to create one-of-a-kind experiences
- Manages and schedules labor, equipment and material to accomplish production schedules within established budgets. Maintains strict adherence to established schedules and budgets.
- Understand contract specifications and ensures they are met and maintains customers complete satisfaction.
- Provide most recent plans and/or documents to field staff at the beginning of the day and provide instruction to ensure Crew Leader and crew are prepared to complete the job
- Ensures all work is completed in adherence to safety policies and guidelines. Conducts weekly safety training and safety inspections on job-sites.
- Investigates any accident or safety violation, prepares appropriate reports, takes action steps to correct and prevent future occurrences. Defines and implements solutions to reoccurring accidents or most common hazards.
- Maintains proper inventory of materials, equipment and other supplies are on hand to complete production activities.
- Supervise employees, keeping attendance records, enforcing proper uniform and safety equipment use, and approving time cards.
- Overall human resource management of field staff within division. Includes hiring, firing, training, coaching, mentoring and developing staff to reach potential and established goals for the individual and division. Identify and develop Crew Leaders.
- Maintains sufficient staff to accomplish production schedules and analyzes future needs, forecasting staff and material needs to complete future jobs.
- Visit job sites on a regular basis, observing organization of work, identifying and resolving training issues, and taking necessary actions to ensure quality.
- Maintain day-to-day working knowledge of all contracts in progress, including field completion status, billings to-date and progress payments.
- Maintains costs within all assigned budgets.
- Monitors job costs weekly and immediately reports to Division Manager any jobs deviating from budgets of time, schedule, cost or any other factor so appropriates adjustments can be made to maximize end result.
- Makes recommendation regarding qualifying or disqualifying warranty work. Coordinates completion of warranty work per contract and/or instructions on Division Manager.
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping and care of company assets in the field, vehicles, shop, field offices and customer work-sites.
- Stay aware of Best Practices. Develop and recommend improved work methods and standards. Key Performance Metrics
Are You The Right Fit?
- Experience beats college – and no experience is a deal breaker.
- 2-5+ years of experience planning and implementing a wide variety of projects in a startup or agency environment.
- Experience in a job that thrived on customer service and the customer experience.
- Applicants with background in landscape management or horticulture and the snow industry are preferred.
- BS degree in Horticulture or a related major strongly preferred. Associates degrees and prior landscape management experience will be considered.
- Two to three years of experience with a commercial landscape maintenance firm leading multiple crews and properties required.
- Exceptional client-service skills and a keen sense of ownership of responsibilities.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal, knowledge of Spanish is highly preferred.
A born to do it personality
- Must be business savvy and relationship driven.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a highly proactive problem solver.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
What you’ll get.
- Salary is dependent on experience and skill. If you kill it, we are not shy about raises. But you have to prove it.
- Being surrounded by awesome people trying to achieve big things.
- Real impact – people here make a difference and create the direction of the company.
- Responsibility – we do believe in hiring smart people and getting out of the way.
Our company’s culture is our most important asset. Our core values drive our hiring and review practices. It is more important to find a candidate who is a good fit for the organization than a candidate who is technically qualified. This means you are required to exhibit the following qualities…
- Customers First
- Do Great Work
- Make Mom Proud
- Team Work
How to Apply
To apply to this position, Please take our mandatory 7-10 minute survey & email your resume/salary requirements.
Click this link to take our mandatory survey:
Watch our video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MpuxyYb5rQ
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year