Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting ( https://www.stackoverflowbusiness.com/talent ), developer marketing ( https://stackoverflow.com/advertising ), and enterprise knowledge sharing ( https://stackoverflow.com/teams ). Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is looking for a Managing Director (MD) to lead the Talent sales team. The Talent ( https://stackoverflow.com/talent/en ) product helps developers around the world find the perfect job and attracts the best talent! The ideal candidate has successfully scaled a business over $50 MM, thrives in a fast-paced environment, established processes on a global scale and strong leadership skills. The MD defines the standards and practices which guide the Talent sales teams process and workflow always operating consistent to the vision and strategy of the business and company. This position will initially report to Senior Vice President of Sales.
What you'll do:
What you'll need to have:
- Lead and drive revenue targets and offer leadership support the Talent Team sales teams. This includes direct supervision of the Regional Managers and Account Executives responsible for revenue attainment
- Support ongoing growth and development including recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring
- Ensures the effective and consistent use of CRM tools to ensure accurate tracking of prospecting and deal flow, customer and contact information and timely forecasting of results
- Assists team members in increasing closure rate, deal velocity and customer retention through monitoring, coaching, and demonstrating of best practices
- Acts as an escalation point for helping to close larger or more complex sales as needed
- Monitor sales production as related to sales goals and prepares ongoing analysis and operational metrics
- Proactivley make changes to sales processes or procedures based on team performance
- Develop innovative approaches for sales training and incentive programs
- Create quarterly forecasts including committed deals as well as pipeline for the current quarter and beyond
- Participate in weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and sales cadence
- Articulate the path to closure and key tactical steps for each account from prospecting to closing to onboarding to renewal
- Collaborate with marketing, product management, and customer success teams to review programs and timelines on an ongoing basis to ensure successful onboarding
What you'll get in return:
- 12+ years executive level direct sales experience specifically selling HRTech products
- 5+ years of Sales Management experience preferably within the same type of industry managing large sales teams, SaaS experience is a big plus
- Experience directly building and leading a high performing sales team with a consistent successful track record
- Commitment to building and maintaining an operating cadence around pipeline creation while building and maintaining a winning sales culture, experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Excellent coaching, writing, negotiating and presentation skills
- Team player with the highest level of integrity
- Experience with collaborating with the marketing department to develop and/or execute in-territory or vertically-focused field marketing campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.