Content Marketing Director
Leader in Content Marketing Center of Excellence
This position is full time, reports to the company President, and is based in Stillwater, MN only.
This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates with all departments in order to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
Ultimately, the job of this leader is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. This includes:
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, website(s), social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with technical team to implement appropriate CMS.
- Work with divisional sales management and technical team to review current CRM system and develop a plan that will lead to implementing a (new) CRM system that will support all our sales & marketing needs.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
- Creation of a strategy for developing SMS/MMS outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as needed.
Qualifications and Job Requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Marketing MBA, or related communications field.
- 7-10 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation, with an emphasis in digital marketing.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance, create metrics/KPI’s.
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales.
- Experience with using and implementing a content management system (CMS) and customer relationship management system (CRM) organization-wide.
- Strong copy writing skills and experience with creating compelling messages from different target demographics.
- Experience with developing and maintaining an effective team through selection, training, compensation, motivation, and performance management.
American Polywater Benefits:
- Insurance benefits following 30 days of employment as well as HSA matching.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Generous profit-sharing plan, awarded quarterly following eligibility period.
- Casual, team-oriented environment.
- Candidate will enjoy the opportunity to grow as an employee (ESOP) owner in a results-oriented atmosphere. ESOP is 100% employer funded following eligibility period.
- Fifteen days of PTO per full calendar year (prorated in first year of employment). Additional PTO earned with length of service.
- American Polywater Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time
- Translation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Copywriting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)