The Transportation Manager will be responsible for managing the transportation
department assuring and coordinating the safe and efficient transport of all PACE participants.
Demonstrating the knowledge and skills necessary to participate in assessing, planning for, and providing transportation services with company policies and procedures. The Transportation Manager will be responsible of establishing a positive rapport with participants, participants family members, and other members of the PACE Care team and its network providers
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- The hiring, training, management, and scheduling of drivers
- Assist in daily scheduling and coordination of transportation
- Conduct drivers’ quarterly meetings and Safety meetings.
- Participate in all PACE required meetings including but not limited to IDT, family meetings, staff meetings in-service training programs, quality improvement meetings.
- Address and resolve all participant grievances within the requested timeline.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Ensure all transportation staff members are updated on all Secure Transportation & PACE policies and procedures
- Interact closely with the senior center staff resolving concerns as they arise
- Attend all required meetings
- Manage and maintain a fleet of lift vans, A.D.A accessible mini buses ambulatory vehicles.
- Keeps all transportation logs, fuel cards, vehicle maintenance and mileage records
- Address and resolve drivers’ personnel issues, including disciplinary actions.
- Conduct / Monitor drivers’ performance evaluations.
- Submit and manage all monthly reports.
- Data entry into a FileMaker based system.
Education & Training
- High School graduate.
- College degree preferred.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in Senior Care or related human services industry.
- One year experience with the elderly required
- Extensive knowledge of Mishawaka, Indiana, and surrounding areas streets, neighborhoods and traffic patterns.
- Vehicle scheduling and dispatching a plus.
- Previous supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work under minimum supervision, and able to manage multiple task to completion in a timely manner.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Word, Excel and database management software.
- Must be available to work weekends, Holidays and any shift if necessary.
- Must be able to travel out of town with overnight when necessary.
- Be able to push 200lbs and lift 100lbs minimum
- Position requires working in a seated position while operating computer, keyboard, mouse, phones and printers and filing of documents
- Position may require standing/walking for up to 4 hours.
Secure Transportation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Transportation Management: 1 year (Preferred)