June 12, 2019
US Citizenship and ability to obtain an OPM Public Trust
Who Are We:
Oasys International Corporation (Oasys) was recently named as one of Inc. 5000 magazine's fastest growing companies for the third year in a row. We are rapidly growing and looking for talented individuals to add to our team. Oasys is home to a dedicated team of technologists, consultants, engineers, and subject matter experts who provide world-class technology consulting services to our clients. Every day we deliver innovative solutions used by high-profile clients to solve their most complex and intractable problems. We commit to providing our people with the resources they need to continue learning and maintain a healthy work-life balance. We also cultivate a collaborative and social atmosphere while fostering and foster a merit-based culture in which people receive recognition for their performance. At Oasys, we work together to build a great company, and we share our knowledge with the world to make a lasting impact for our clients.
At Oasys, we look for talented individuals with the following traits:
- Team player – generous team member who can put aside their personal agenda and is willing to take the time to share knowledge with others.
- Creative – entrepreneurial mindset with confidence to explore new approaches and means of value creation.
- Mastery oriented – contagious work ethic, attentive to detail, loves feedback, exceeds expectations.
- Inquisitive – intellectually curious, agile thinker who assimilates new information quickly and enjoys learning.
- Passionate – takes pride in their work and gives 110%.
Oasys International Corporation ( http://www.oasysic.com/ )is seeking a Systems Engineer with an adaptable skillset including, but not limited to, experience in cloud computing, virtual infrastructure, and cyber security to provide systems engineering support for implementing a Governance Risk and Compliance project for a new Federal Government customer. This person will participate in design, development, configuration, implementation, support, and testing of commercial software in both on-premises and cloud-based environments. A successful candidate will demonstrate their ability for continued growth in his/her assigned position by taking on increasing levels of responsibility within the organization. This position is contingent upon a contract award.
A successful candidate will manage all aspects of project-level implementation, including high-level planning, coordination, execution, and reporting. In addition to mentoring other team members on sound engineering practices, duties include overseeing requirements gathering, design, hardware/software sourcing, installation, configuration/maintenance actions, and assisting customers in understanding and managing complexity and change as it pertains to key business processes and related IT systems. Tasks include: evaluating complexity and estimating level of effort for planning various systems; balancing test team workloads; coordinating the assignment of team members; assisting in troubleshooting system issues; and participating in engineering processes.
- Serves as project-specific senior engineer; ensures successful project-level implementation of engineering processes.
- Conducts requirements evaluation including: collection and refinement; analysis; documentation; validation; and development of V&V traceability criteria.
- Develops system implementation processes, plans, and procedures and works with the vendor and engineering team to ensure adherence to the documented plans & procedures.
- Manages hardware/software/systems integration process; troubleshoots issues.
- Facilitates rapid resolution of issues that impact tasks including real-time, thorough communication with task leads, program management and other leadership as required.
- Authors customer-specific system documentation, including schedules; plans; reports; and analysis; develops and presents technical briefings.
- Supports development, review, and edit of technical documents & proposals as required.
- Trains and mentors junior team members in engineering practices and tools.
- Configures, deploys, tests, and documents applications and systems within virtualized infrastructure.
- Assists in the modification of products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client.
- Conducts routine quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Completes systems development by troubleshooting application and infrastructure issues.
- Provides meaningful contributions during regular team meetings.
- Supports community by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Responsible for supervising engineering and business analyst team to achieve customer needs. Primary engineering point of contact for the customer and vendor teams.
- U.S. citizenship required; possesses or can obtain OPM Position of Public Trust or Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in information systems, systems engineering, computer science or related technical discipline from an accredited institution, with previous experience in systems engineering; seven or more years of experience with a bachelor's degree, or five(5) + years of experience with a master's degree.
- Demonstrated success leading engineering teams in deploying new infrastructure and software systems for external customers.
- Thorough understanding of hardware acquisition, installation, configuration, and administration, as well as configuration management concepts, principles, and processes.
- Ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Skilled at multi-tasking, demonstrates strong initiative and work ethic, and works effectively with minimal direct supervision.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Able to work flexible hours as required.
- Success in position requires consistent display of the following key abilities:
- Rapid and effective problem solving: identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Communication skills to document, develop, and present technical issues so that stakeholders across the organization readily understand the content and their related actions.
- Strong attention to detail; if you are reading this, complete the sentence "meus ventus color est…" in the bottom left of your cover letter/resume; able to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, and in team leadership role; able to perform complex tasks.
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments, Windows/ *nix systems admin, DBA, network administration, and development-operations (DevOps) practices.
- Experience analyzing user requirements and technical documentation.
- Experience working within Agile development processes.
- Experience with web-based applications.
- Experience developing processes/procedures for configuring, managing, and maintaining software applications.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Familiarity with NIST 800-53 and/or ISO 27001/27002.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology concepts including both software and hardware.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, to work effectively with team members, business partners, and clients.
- Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for design, implementation, and testing.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Some experience with engineering and administering Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Professional certification(s), for example: AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate; Scrum Alliance ScrumMaster/Product Owner; Oracle DBA, Service Now.
- Collaborative, fun, and friendly team environment.
- Focus on employee growth and learning.
- Merit-based culture with rapidly increasing levels of responsibility for those with entrepreneurial spirit and vision.
- Opportunity to make a difference for high-profile clients.
- Opportunity to work alongside highly talented, modest, fun, and collaborative colleagues.
Oasys International also offers a competitive comprehensive benefits package including:
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plan
- Employee Life Insurance and AD&D Policies
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- 401(K) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Professional Development and Training Programs
If you would like to become a member of our team, please submit your application below.
– The Oasys Hiring Team
Oasys is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.