About Nuvance Health
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit
Responsible for the overall coordination planning and management of patient, family and staff education related to breast feeding for Maternal Child Health.
1. Educational Programing Criteria A: Assesses educational needs of patient and prospective patients. Educational Programing Criteria B: Develops, schedules, teaches adn implements programs for patients and prospective patients. Educational Programing Criteria C: Coordinates experiences for patients related to specific program objectives. Educational Programing Criteria D: Evaluates and revises teh design, delivery and effectiveness of MCH patient education programs on an ongoing basis.
2. Clinical Supervision Criteria A: Provides supervision to facilitate learning experiences related to individual patient educational needs. Clinical Supervision Criteria B: Provides direct/indirect patient care to facilitate the learning experiences of nursing personnel in relation to MCH patient education programs.
3. Coordination/Consultation Criteria A: Shares expertise with Nursing/Hospital personnel as requested. Coordination/Consultation Criteria B: Serves as a resource/support person. Provides educational resources. Coordination/Consultation Criteria C: Collaborates with other professionals to develop, revise and evaluate Nursing Standards, Policies and Procedures. Coordination/Consultation Criteria D: Interprets and promotes compliance to Nursing Standards of care.
4. Leadership Criteria A: Contributes to decision making activities in collaboration with nursing personnel. Leadership Criteria B: Counsels patients related to educational needs. Leadership Criteria C: Demonstrates fiscal accountability by assessing needs and efficiently using resources. Leadership Criteria D: Initiates and coordinates activities related to committee involvement.
5. Communication Criteria A: Maintains communication system to inform nursing personnel of programs, current information and changes. Communication Criteria B: Maintains appropriate documentation programs.
6. Professional and Personal Responsibilities Criteria A: Shares knowledge gained from programs. Professional and Personal Responsibilities Criteria B: Pursues professional education to meet needs of current position and professional goals. Professional and Personal Responsibilities Criteria C: Participates in professional organzations, maintains and updates educational record and attends annual required reviews.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
8. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Required: Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred. RN preferred. Connecticut license required. If candidate is not a RN, requires 2 years of experience as an IBCLC.
Minimum Experience: two years
Desired: Certified as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) required. Minimum of two (2) years experience required.
Location: Norwalk-34 Maple St
Org Unit: 431
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 0.00
Per Diem 8 hour shifts weekdays 3-11:30p and weekends 7:00-3:30p or 3-11:30p
Work Schedule: Day/Eve 8
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
Western Connecticut Health Network and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time