.80 FTE (32 hrs/week) - Temporary position 10/15/18 - 1/4/19
$64,688 - $97,032 (will be pro-rated based on .80 fte and # of days worked)
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 231,460 residents, with an enrollment of more than 31,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org.
NATURE OF WORK:
The Professional Learning Specialist is responsible for assisting the director and supporting professional learning throughout the district. Assist in developing a structure & process for monitoring, evaluating and managing the system to ensure alignment to district vision and planning for responding to professional needs.
- In collaboration with the Director of Professional Learning and Action Teams, create meaningful professional learning opportunities for all staff
- Support Director of Professional Learning in planning and organizing professional learning opportunities offered, communicating the opportunities and gathering feedback on the classes
- Maintain, support, monitor, and evaluate the Professional Learning management system. Technical support and visioning regarding Professional Learning needs. Communication with all departments offering professional development, organizing LMS for courses offered, alignment to professional learning plans, communication to all staff members, coordinate community/university partnerships to increase learning opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or five (5) or more years of relevant work experience
- Over one year, and up to and including three years’experience in organizing learning opportunities, managing databases and websites, and project management
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply online at:
- Minimum of three years experience working in a similar type of position
- Training and experience in the application of technology
- Advanced PC and software skills
- Knowledge of Lawson Enterprise Software and MyPassport
- Ability to work well with people in problem solving activities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under tight timelines; to manage time efficiently
- Good organizational and management skills
- Ability to function well in self-directed activities
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse groups
http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.