The Maintenance Technician will be working to ensure all equipment is running smoothly through quick in-depth troubleshooting and repair of all types of manufacturing equipment. This person will work with other technicians, Engineers, machine operators, supervisors, and department managers, to resolve mechanical issues. The Maintenance Technician may be called on to fix unexpected issues, scheduled maintenance or to implement new ideas and modify equipment to improve efficiency.
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
- Mechanical aptitude. Must be able to take things apart, put them back together and have it work.
- Problem-solving skills. Troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC.
- Reading comprehension. Understand written and oral instructions. Ability to research issues if unknown.
- Customer service skills. Capable of listening and understanding the problem as well as explaining the limitations of the equipment.
- Electrical repair. Ability to read and understand ladder diagrams and use tools such as a multimeter.
- Perform minor HVAC and plumbing repair.
- Strong critical thinking and creative skills.
- Detail oriented and organizational.
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities independently.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Physical Ability. Must be physically able to climb a ladder or work in small areas.
- 2 years of work experience in a maintenance environment or an Associate’s Degree in a maintenance-related field
- High school diploma or GED
- Effective communication of issues and solutions to cross-functional team members
- Skilled in the use of shop equipment such as hydraulic and mechanical presses, bench grinder, drill press, and assorted power tools.
- Proficient skills with precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, dial indicators, bore gauges, and depth gauges
- Willingness to be a technical leader and trainer within a specific area of plant or machine centerDemonstrated regular and predictable attendance
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
RHE Hatco, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on account of race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or religion or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- HVAC Certification (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)