Master Electronics has an exciting career opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor, Receivingthat will report to the Warehouse Manager, at the Phoenix, AZ location. Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Master Electronics is a leading authorized distributor of electronic components dedicated to stocking breadth of part numbers. Founded in 1967, Master Electronics has been supplying top quality components for industrial, military, medical, aerospace and consumer applications. Master is franchised for over 250 suppliers and stocks over 350,000 unique parts, including world-class brands such as ebm-papst, Honeywell, ITT Cannon, Omron Electronics, Panasonic, and TE Connectivity.
We’re seeking a candidate who is excited about the opportunity to make a difference as the company evolves. As such, this position is ideal for an individual who can prioritize, provide excellent customer service and be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
- Champions the continuous process improvement mindset which includes the analysis of business-related statistics/metric reports and the implementation of solutions that improve service delivery, including the development of new policies, delivery of additional training, and identification of proactive solutions to address potential quality issues
- Demonstrates effective people leadership for a team of warehouse associates, including managing associate work schedules/assignments, setting clear performance standards, delivering feedback and coaching team members in all aspects of job performance
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions to ensure a safe working environment
- Identifies training needs and ensures each employee has the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities; ongoing training; as well as the equipment and tools necessary to provide a world-class level of service
- Creates and maintains the appropriate workplace culture and ensures that all facets (e.g., onboarding, compensation, communication channels, recognition & rewards, etc.) reinforce the appropriate job-related behaviors that enable business and customer success
- Manages and documents employee issues regarding attendance, performance, conduct, and delivers appropriate corrective action as needed
- Produces reports and statistics (inventory received, put-away, etc.) as required
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with all levels of management and key stakeholders
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 2+ years of supervisory experience leading teams in a distribution warehouse environment with either receiving or inventory functional responsibility or both
- Above average literacy in desktop technology (e.g., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, etc.) and proprietary systems (e.g., ACD tools, order entry software, warehouse management systems, etc.) in the performance of job responsibilities, with an emphasis on data management and reporting capabilities
- Proven track record of implementing process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated understanding of warehouse performance metrics
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Requires ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities.
- Ability to assess associates strengths and weakness and to communicate them in a professional manner.
- Possess the ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions to make decisions.
- Team-oriented operating style with effective interpersonal skills that allow successful business interactions with individuals of a variety of work styles, personalities, and career levels
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to move and handle merchandise weighing 1oz - 50 Ibs
- Job duties typically require standing, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and/or reaching
- Ability to work effectively in hot and cold temperatures
- Forklift experience
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401(k) and an EAP program.
Job Type: Full-time
- using employee performance metrics: 2 years
- Microsoft Office: 1 year
- supervisory warehouse: 2 years