Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
The physician operates in an integrated health care setting and sees patients independently, in collaboration with mid‐level providers and behavioral health consultants and those patients referred by other physicians. The physician will report at least 3,500 patient encounters each year and is expected to operate in the integrated healthcare model in which needs are addressed holistically.
Position may need to travel between sites (Sylmar & Long Beach)
Primary Essential Duties
Essential duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide complete, comprehensive, family-‐oriented outpatient care for patients throughout the life cycle, including health examinations and treatment of medical conditions, to include follow-‐up and any problems detected.
- To manage acute and chronic illness, develop a plan of care, coordinate care and determine the need for case conference.
- Make appropriate referrals to both internal disciplines of the clinic and/or external agencies for additional services required.
- Work closely with the Behavioral Health Specialist to provide continuity of care for the mental/behavioral health population.
- Provide clinic consultation to physicians and mid-‐level providers as needed.
- Responsible for accurate, timely documentation in the patient’s medical record of patient contacts, case planning and plan of care. All documentation should occur in the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Provide clear written and verbal communications to patient and staff, maintaining a culture of dignity and respect.
- Participate in an on-call system as needed.
- Participate in various administrative/clinical staff meetings to include, but not be limited to, Continuous Quality Improvement Committee, clinic meeting, general staff meetings, case conference/management, and/or administrative meetings as requested.
- Assist with planning to evaluate performance levels, quality of service, productivity and future needs.
- Become familiar with local agencies and build relationships so as to assure good communication and cooperation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Licensure/Certification (as appropriate) & Skills * Ability Current CA MD License
- Current valid DEA Certificate
- BLS and PALS certified
- ACLS certified (preferred)
- Valid California Driver’s License and proof of personal liability auto insurance as required by California State Law
- Ability to understand and operate necessary computer equipment and software programs. Must be able to receive, interpret and follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to speak a foreign language helpful, though not necessary. Must be self-‐motivated.
- Interpersonal: frequent contact with employees, the public and patients requiring interviewing, good listening and communication skills.
- Supervisory: moderate direct and indirect supervision.
- Spiritual: understands the mission of CMWC and is able to represent the values of the organization to patients, staff and the public.
Education & Experience * FQHC: 2 years, preferred
- Trauma Informed: 3 years, preferred
- Disease Management: 3 years, preferred
- Direct patient care: 3 years (Required)
- Doctorate (Required)
Patient care areas, clinics, nursing offices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
COVID-19 considerations: To protect patients and staff, safety precautions have been put in place.
Hours per week:
Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place