Brookfield Veterinary Hospital is searching for a new addition to our Animal Care Taker department.
Brookfield Veterinary Hospital offers boarding for our canine and feline patients in hospital. We take great pride in providing exceptional patient care and high quality customer service.
The right candidate for this position is an individual with the ability to step in and make an immediate, positive impact in the zone. This is a part time position.
The ACT team members perform responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Routine hospital upkeep and cleanliness (such as laundry, watering plants, sweeping and mopping).
- Providing attentive care to our boarding patients (feeding, medicating, socializing and bathing).
- Assisting doctors and nurses as needed with restraint and other aspects of patient care.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Responsible, trustworthy, professional and enjoys talking with clients.
- Comfortable medicating and handling cats and dogs of all temperaments and sizes.
- Capable of accommodating a flexible work schedule.
- Able to perform tasks with a high level of efficiency and accuracy under minimal supervision.
Prior knowledge of medical terminology and animal experience is ideal but we will train the right person. Due to the extensive training required, we ask that only serious applicants (capable of at least one year of employment) apply. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please submit a cover letter and resume with references included.
Job Type: Part-time