Under general supervision, manage projects involving plant electrical systems, manufacturing equipment, machine controls and automated equipment systems. Conduct design, specification, programming, implementation, and evaluation of equipment control systems. Provide electrical systems design for complex manufacturing equipment. Support and troubleshoot electrical systems, automated equipment and robotic manufacturing systems. Support installation, operation, maintenance and repair of production equipment and facility electrical systems. Provide subject matter expertise for electrical systems, machine controls, and automated equipment systems. Schedule and facilitate electrical projects for on-site contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and/or RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Supports program direction for computerized controls associated with semi-automated and automated manufacturing equipment systems.
- Supports installation and maintenance of system PLC’s, VFD’s and electronic control systems.
- Interfaces with consultants and engineers on system design and integration.
- Designs, procures and installs facility electrical and production equipment.
- Conducts root-cause analysis along with other engineers across a functional organizational matrix.
- Trains maintenance technicians on electronic control trouble-shooting equipment techniques.
- Models in-house electrical schematics and P&ID drawings and process instrumentation engineering.
- Sketches electrical and electronic systems control circuitry and instrumentation.
- Supports department compliance with documentation requirements, safety requirements and manufacturing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following are desirable:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of engineering principles, theories and concepts through a wide range of complex and advanced problem-solving requiring novel and new innovative approaches; detailed knowledge of electrical power systems.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and create a repeatable thought process to question and confidently approach a solution. Ability to solve complex electrical equipment trouble-shooting in a methodical approach and with minimal oversight.
- Exceptional application of principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to staff across the organization in non-technical terms for understanding. Ability to draft well written technical reports in order to communicate with staff, management and external customers and suppliers.
- Intermediate ability to work with mathematical concepts such as discounts, interest, proportions, fractions, percentages, ratios, statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and/or deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to use software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point) Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and/or Computerized Automated Design (CAD)/Electrical CAD software, Parts & Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) software and Inventor at an Intermediate to advanced level.
- Strong ability to read schematics, blueprints, technical drawings, etc.
- Working knowledge of electrical and electronics control systems to include troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronic integration systems design as it relates to production equipment such as Fanuc or Robotics and instrumentation engineering such as air and liquid distribution equipment and systems controls, a plus.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes or procedures (e.g. raw material, work-in-process and finished goods).
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering; and 4 years of directly-related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and/or WORK ENVIRONMENT: (Typical physical demands and the work environment characteristics an employee must meet and encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to stand and walk frequently (3-6 hours per day) around the facility.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry items up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift items overhead up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally (up to 3 hours) twist and bend at the waist.
- Ability to occasionally (up to 3 hours) squat, kneel, and climb stairs.
- Ability to occasionally (up to 3 hours) finger, grasp, and feel objects.
- Ability to occasionally (up to 3 hours) push/pull carts with equipment.
- Fine hand manipulation of light-moderate strength is required to operate touch screen displays on machinery.
- Must be able to see/focus for close eye work (small figures), discriminate colors, and perceive depths.
- Must be able to speak/hear to fulfill verbal communications and respond to machine alarms/buzzers.
- Occasional exposure to noise, gas/fumes/mists, and chemicals or hazardous materials while using personal protective equipment when required.
- May drive a company or personal vehicle while on company business.
- May drive a forklift occasionally.
- Must wear safety shoes in required areas.
- Must be able to work extended hours per the demands of the business.
- Travel, up to 5% as required, to support the needs of the business.Must possess a valid driver’s license and remain qualified as a Driver under the Hydranautics Driver's Policy.
Job Type: Full-time
- support troubleshoot electrical automated robotic mfg equip: 4 years
- Electrical Engineering: 4 years
Required work authorization: