New Target, Inc. UX Developer
Remote from within the U.S.; option to work onsite in Alexandria, VA or Irvine, CA
- Front end or UI/UX development for new website builds, incorporating and executing animation/interaction design and development.
- Support website projects from concept through launch.
- Develop innovative, highly usable interfaces; implement effective, graphical, and
functional designs, animations and interactions.
- Assist in UI/UX decisions based on a strong understanding of W3C and usability
standards and best practices, and reflect them in design as appropriate.
- Strong ability to solve problems and troubleshoot web applications and code.
- Research and learn new technologies and acquire new skills through independent study.
- Test web applications in multi-platform, cross-browser development.
- Work with clients and team members to determine creative design and development
options that best meet the project requirements and communications goals.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Basic sense of web design best practices and UX/UI fundamentals.
- Must be creative, self-directed, motivated, and collaborative; must be comfortable in a
dynamic work environment.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in hands-on web development.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in animating components of a website/interaction
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience with content management systems Salesforce, Drupal and WordPress, and their modules and plugins is a plus.
- Located in historic Alexandria, Virginia and sunny Irvine, California
- @newtargetinc on Twitter and Facebook
- Strong and steady growth every year since our founding in 1998
- Fast-paced, flexible, and positive atmosphere
- 401(k) plan with company matching at 4%
- CareFirst health insurance
- Dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision premiums covered by the company at above-market rates
for the Washington metro area
- Sabbatical leave of one month after 10 years of continual employment
- Professional development opportunities for employees, including sponsorship to attend
industry events like Dreamforce, DrupalCon, WordCamp USA, and An Event Apart
- Diverse client base brings new work and new challenges to the team
- Monthly staff lunches, quarterly team outings, and celebratory company events!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Web Development: 5 years (Required)