Pack bags of snacks into a container and/or case for shipping. Monitor packaging equipment for quality. Set up and supply packaging machines with (corrugated) shipping case. Prepare product for packaging. Inspect raw or finished product. Perform weekly cleaning of production process equipment and surrounding areas to maintain a clean safe food environment in compliance with all programs and policies. Follow SSOP's to ensure food processing equipment is cleaned to food safe guidelines and regulations. Follow all GMP's and Food Safety/Quality Programs of the manufacturing plant. Consistently on the watch for food safety and reports food safety and/or food quality issues to supervisor.
Major Job Duties:
1) Neatly pack the correct amount of product, in the correct arrangement, into shipping cases.
2) Continuously check product for proper bag seals, film, visual seasoning check, code dates and proper cartons and their labels.
3) Monitor for damaged product or equipment malfunction to maintain quality and quantity.
4) Notify PMO or maintenance if deviation is noted so appropriate corrective action can be done accordingly.
5) Make and/or fold and place case label onto the shipping cartons/ trays.
6) Follow directions as given by supervisor & inform supervisor of problems with quality/ quantity.
7) Be observant to catch coding or packaging imperfections. See Sample bag on machine.
8) Push carts of finished product to packaging equipment.
9) Fold flaps of filled cartons and/or strap them shut.
10) Adequately perform all positions to continue non-stop production.
11) Housekeeping - keep work area clear of debris.
12) Inspect and remove unacceptable raw material or finished product.
13) Follow company rules and policies.
14) Assist Packaging Machine Operators with product changeovers.
15) Scrub, wipe, scrap, vacuum, mop squeegee, foam and hose down.
16) Disassemble and reassemble equipment to be cleaned and set-up for production.
17) Work as a team to complete cleaning duties completed within cleaning time deadlines.
18) Follow written or verbal directions given by supervisor.
Read and comprehend at an 8th grade level. Communicate with others to maintain safety and quality of product. Past experience in a manufacturing or machine paced setting a plus. Work well closely with others.
Essential Job Functions:
1) The ability to pack product to company specifications into shipping cases, up to 65 bags per minute to keep up with machine pace.
2) Count the correct amount of bags to be placed in a shipping case.
3) Grasp objects with hands continuously.
4) Reach out with hand and arms continuously and at shoulder level or overhead frequently.
5) Work in small or tight work areas due to equipment positioning.
6) Lift /Push/Pull cases, carts or pallet jacks with a force weight of 40 lbs.
7) Bend slightly at the waist or hips 40 to 50% of the workday.
8) Work cautiously on slippery floors.
9) Work in noise – wear hearing protection if required in work area.
10) See and read information on the bag, shipping case, and schedule for product quality.
11) Open product bags and determine proper flavor application.
12) Able to determine if the product bag is sealing properly.
13) Perform all tasks of packaging and assist with packaging machine changeovers.
14) Complete cleaning tasks at heights, using ladders, platforms and lifts.
15) Wash, rinse, vacuum, mop, squeegee and scrub.
16) Wear provided PPE (rubber boots, aprons, gloves, googles, and face shields etc.)
17) Clean equipment or area, according to the SSOP, within cleaning time deadlines with the appropriate chemicals in the appropriate concentrations.
18) Work 40 hours a week, 5 days a week and OT during the week and Saturdays if needed.
19) Dependable attendance.
20) Stand typically the full work day and/or sit as needed.
2nd shift position - 2:30pm - 11:00pm Monday - Friday plus overtime as needed
Starting rate is $14.62 per hour with increases every 3 months, up to $19.36 in the first year with yearly increases per contract thereafter.
Full time benefits include OT after 8 hours per day, PTO, Medical, Dental, HSA, Vision, Life, Pension plus 401k with company matching.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer by Choice
Send resume "NO PHONE CALLS"
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.62 to $19.36 /hour