Are you looking for a career that matters? Are you tired of doing the same old thing and feeling as if you do not make a difference?
Then do we have the job for you! At Toward Independence, we are in the business of assisting folks with developmental disabilities to live fuller and more satisfying lives. As a Direct Support Professional, you get to provide support and guidance to these individuals as well as getting to assist individuals to develop and maintain appropriate living skills and cooperative interaction.
Want to know more? Follow this link to our Indeed company page and watch short testimonial videos from our current DSP’s
“Come change a life, it will change yours forever.”
Chris Davies (DSP at Toward Independence)
What does a direct support professional get to do?
- Take individuals out into the community.
- Teach them social skills while eating out, attending concerts, going to church, seeing a play or a musical, going to sporting events.
- Take the individuals on a vacation or cruise.
- Assist the individuals in getting a haircut, shopping, going to the doctor or dentist, etc.
- Assist folks with cleaning, cooking, hygiene, administering medications.
What we offer our Direct Support Professionals:
- $2000 Sign-on Bonus ($500 paid every 90 days)
- Health, dental, and vision
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Overtime
- Paid Training
- Company discounts to Kings Island, local stores, cellular service, and much more.
This is a great job for you if:
- You are looking for a career change and want to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- You are retired but want to stay active and help others.
- You’ve stayed home to raise your family and are ready to go back into the workforce.
- You are a college student, putting yourself through school, looking for hours that will work with your schedule, and enable you to earn extra money.
- You have become dissatisfied with your current position and want to try something different.
- You get real satisfaction watching others succeed and grow, and you like being in the role of “coach” or “mentor”.
What do you need to make a difference in someone’s life?
- A Driver’s License with no more than five points
- Proof of Education (GED, HS diploma, College Degree, or official transcripts of any of these)
- A Social Security card or Birth Certificate
- Willing to be fingerprinted for a background check
DSP, Direct Support Professional, CNA, STNA, Caregiver
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $14.75 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Developmental disabilities: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location