Location: 1507 Chambers Rd.
Histology Technologist (Histo Tech) to provide services at OSU Histology Lab, LLC, a functional laboratory with a working relationship to the Division of Surgical Pathology, Department of Pathology at The Wexner Medical Center at The Ohio State University. The Histo Tech will ensure proper identification of specimens; process, embed, sort, cut, file and stain slides of tissue samples for diagnosis by surgical pathologists. The Histo Tech will prepare solutions, maintain general organizational paperwork, monitor and maintain equipment, record daily stats and quality control items, maintain laboratory supplies and perform other general lab responsibilities as needed. Hours of work: Monday through Friday from 2am – 10:30am. There will be occasional times when it is required to work additional hours or change hours to assist with covering shifts. 40 hours per work week with full time benefits.
: Graduate of a school of Histology with an HT (ASCP) certification or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences preferred; 2 or more years previous experience in a histology laboratory desired. Must possess a strong work ethic with attendance and punctuality that is documented.
Experience in other areas of pathology a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that tissue specimens are optimally processed, oriented and embedded appropriately (according to tissue type)
- Perform routine microtomy with both a high level of speed and quality
- Prepares stains and other reagents for routine staining
- Ensures that all chemical wastes are disposed of in the appropriate manner
- Performs routine daily maintenance on laboratory equipment including proper documentation
- Troubleshoots both mechanical and human errors or malfunctions
- Meets quality control and proficiency testing standards as required by regulatory agencies
- Participates in various CQI monitors and collects data as needed
- Participates in continuing education programs or opportunities
- Stocks supplies, maintains inventory of equipment and supplies following proper procedures.
- Attendance, promptness, professionalism, cooperativeness with co-workers and supervisors, and politeness to customers, vendors, and couriers.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com or click here to submit that information.