Woodgrain Millwork is proud to be a family owned and operated manufacturer with over 60 years of product innovation, quality service, and business growth. Woodgrain Millwork’s diverse product offering includes wood molding, prefinished molding, wood door shop parts and products, and wood window parts, as well as many branded products. Woodgrain is a worldwide manufacturer and is proud to be one of the largest millwork operations today.
The Service Desk Specialist is a Tier I contact for the company. The specialist provides issue resolution and tracking that includes computers, network equipment, telephone equipment, printer/copier/fax, handheld scanners, and other technology equipment as it relates to Information Technology. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools. Contact from users will come from telephone, web, instant messaging, in-person, or email requests. This position also can perform setup and maintenance of users on cellular service and conference service plans, creation of purchase orders and receiving transactions for IT hardware and software, and tracking hardware.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming user requests to the IT Service Center Service Desk concerning network password, telephony, voice mail, printing and computer related issues.
- Log all incoming requests in the incident tracking system and maintain and document all actions taken to resolve them.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to system configuration, hardware, password resets, Microsoft operating systems, security, desktop applications, and peripherals.
- Correctly refer unresolved problems to Tier II Service specialists and/or groups when the situation requires it.
- Contribute technical solutions to the Knowledge Base.
- Participate in projects and initiatives as a member of the IT Service Center team.
- Assist with administration of mobile devices.
- Provide remote functional support and assistance to users.
- Work closely with other team members to identify and suggest resolutions and improvements.
- Create and maintain support documentation and diagrams.
- Provide network and remote connectivity hardware/software support.
- Setup and maintenance of users on cellular service and conference service plans.
- Creating purchase orders for IT Hardware and Software purchasing.
- Tracking of the hardware and software contracts and warranties.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in a technical or business discipline and/or 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of IT support experience, minimum of 1 year of experience on a corporate Help Desk or in another technical support role with a background in either Customer Service or as an IT Help Desk Analyst.
- Excellent communication, telephone & interpersonal skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service abilities to interact with users with professionalism, composure, and empathy.
- Strong troubleshooting skills are required.
- Familiarity with resolving remote connectivity issues.
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Additional experience desired:
- Microsoft Certifications such as MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, and, MTA
- CompTIA A+ and other Certifications
- Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 troubleshooting
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 knowledge
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016 and 365 knowledge
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 knowledge
- Desktop, laptop, and server hardware troubleshooting
- DNS & DHCP knowledge
- Remote Desktop Services knowledge
- Windows Printing troubleshooting
Woodgrain offers excellent benefits which include a HSA that can be used with our medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer life insurance, long term disability, 401(k), vacation, and holidays.
To apply for this position, please email resume with job title in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
- IT support: 1 year (Required)