If you are passionate about the field of Education, enjoy on-going training, helping others grow, and have a sincere desire to cultivate our next generation of children, we have a position for you! Making a difference in a child’s life is the most rewarding experience one can have during their professional career. The YMCA of South Florida is looking for enthusiastic, energetic, passionate, team oriented and motivated individuals to work with children throughout Broward County.
The position is a year-round part-time position; typical After School hours are Monday through Friday 1:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
As a Site Supervisor, you will be required to:
· Provide overall leadership, supervision and quality control to the site.
· Ensure child: staff ratios are maintained.
· Collect fees as appropriate.
· Supervise all site staff appropriately.
· Create a positive atmosphere, which boosts self-esteem and general self-concept of all participants.
· Plan/implement well-organized and well-varied activities based on the mandated curriculum.
· Communicate clearly and regularly with parents about the program and their child’s participation. Inform parents when there is a behavior problem that cannot be addressed adequately through verbal correction.
· Cooperate fully with school personnel to use facilities properly.
· Work with the YMCA Afterschool Program Manager to ensure that all standards required by the funding agencies and the YMCA are complied with fully.
· Maintain individual participant records as required by licensing standards and/or YMCA policies.
· Monitor daily attendance sheets and see that they are kept organized and accurate.
· Report all incidents and accidents within 24 hours to the corporate office.
· Adhere to the Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting requirements which mandate by law all child care personnel to report suspicions of child abuse, neglect, or abandonment. The YMCA requires employees to follow the internal reporting procedures with the assistance of the Program Managers.
Ensure that the proper staffs to child ratios are maintained at all times and reports discrepancies to the Site Supervisor as needed.
Areas in need of staff are the following: Hollywood, Plantation, Deerfield, Lauderhill, Lauderdale Lakes, Pompano Beach, Oakland Park, Fort Lauderdale, Sunrise, Coral Springs.
A high school diploma or GED and preferably one of the following educational requirements:
o Post-secondary level vocational certificate in child care through the State of Florida - level vocational certificate in child care through State of Florida - Department of Education.
o Child Development Associate (CDA)
o Associates Degree or higher from an accredited college/university in appropriate area; as documented by transcripts and/or degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in a licensed child care/day camp facility which includes direct contact with children and supervision of staff.
- Ability to relate to both children and adults; understand, practice and model YMCA Character Development values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- The Site Supervisor of a licensed child care facility must be at least twenty-one (21) years-old at the time of hire.
Upon hire, the Site Supervisor must have completed and hold certificates in:
- The Thirty (30) Hour Training Requirement consisting of (a) Child Growth and Development, (b) Health, Safety and Nutrition, (c) Child Care Facility State and Local Rules and Regulations, (d) Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect, and (e) Behavior Observation and Assessment.
- The Ten (10) Hour Developmentally Appropriate Module (preferred- School-Age Appropriate Practices).
- Eight (8) Hours of in-service in working with children with Special Needs, or the Ten (10) Hour Special Needs Appropriate Practices Module.
- Active First Aid and CPR certification.
It is the responsibility of the Site Supervisor to complete and maintain all necessary certifications, within the proper time frame, as set forth by either the licensing agency, State of Florida or the YMCA of South Florida.
· Year-round employment.
· 25% discount on all Y programs.
· YMCA Retirement Savings Plan Eligible.
· Convenient locations throughout Broward County.
· Complimentary facility usage at any Y family center.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
To keep our staff, and children, safe we encourage frequent hand-washing, provide hand sanitizer stations, and work off of a smaller staff-to-child ratio. We also require all persons to wear masks on-site.
- childcare: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page: