Offering remarkable real-life stories without judgment, TLC shares everyday heart, humor, hope, and human connection with programming genres that include fascinating families, heartwarming transformations, and life’s milestone moments. In 2017, TLC’s ratings increased by double digits (up a record +12% among women 25-54) and ranked as the #6 ad-supported cable network in Prime among W25-54.
TLC is a global brand available in more than 88 million homes in the US and 271 million households around the world. Viewers can enjoy their favorite shows anytime, anywhere through TLC GO – the network’s TVE offering featuring live and on demand access to complete seasons. A destination online, TLC.com offers in-depth fan sites and exclusive original video content. TLC reaches 3 billion cumulative viewers in more than 220 countries and territories to satisfy curiosity and captivate superfans with a portfolio of premium nonfiction, lifestyle, sports and kids content brands.
Provide high level executive administrative support to three top TLC Programming, Development, and Marketing executives based in the NYC offices. Position is primary point of contact for key administrative functions including schedule and travel management, expense reports, sensitive communications, and acting as liaison both within and outside of the company.
1. Schedule appointments, maintains and update SVP's and two VP’s daily calendar.
2. Answer telephone, screen calls, route callers, take messages, respond to internal and external inquiries, and provide routine information within the scope of authority.
3. Schedule, organize and coordinate meetings and facilities, including travel, transportation/hotel arrangements, prepare and distribute materials, agendas, notes, handouts, etc. Arrange presentations and conferences, coordinate equipment needs and refreshments, compile and distribute materials, etc.
4. Responsible for the financial processes of check requests, invoices and purchase orders. Arrange travel itineraries and prepare travel and expense reports.
5. Open, review, route, and disseminate interoffice and external mail, distribute correspondence and other material to department staff.
6. Establish and maintain records and files as necessary. Review, sort and file a variety of materials.
7. Assist with special projects and provide general office support such as copying and faxing.
8. Function as administrative liaison to departmental staff, other departments, external vendors and consultants.
9. Perform other related duties and participate in other departmental projects as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study
- Three to five years administrative/coordination experience.
- Must be articulate, personable, detail-oriented, and have strong organizational, communication, and administrative skills.
- Must have demonstrated experience and competency in providing senior executive administrative assistance or departmental support and coordination.
- Must demonstrate confidentiality and flexibility in accepting new and changing responsibilities and be a proactive problem solver.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in workplace applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) are required. Should be open to learn and master new computer skills as required.
- Pop-Culture junkie and fan of Female Targeted TV and Digital Media a plus.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY