Weekend shift 1:30am Start time
Capstone Logistics is a fast growing, exciting company focused on third party services in distribution centers across the nation. We are in 48 states and over 440 Distribution Centers across the United States. We are looking for an Assistant Site Manager to join our team and be part of something great. We have an outstanding career opportunity for a driven, successful leader with at least 3 years of increasing management responsibility in the distribution/transportation fields. Successful candidates will handle the daily supervision of a warehouse crew. We provide unloading services for our client.
The Assistant Manager, is responsible for driving partner satisfaction and organizational focus on delivering operational excellence and exceeding partner expectations.
In coordination with the Manager, the Assistant Manager will use his/her own judgment in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, centralizing and administrating all warehouse activities in an assigned partner location including staffing, managing orders, and fulfilling sales and gross margin goals and growth objectives established by the Company.
This position reports to the Manager of Operations. We are driven to be the leader in our industry and will only accept those that live by that same drive and enthusiasm.
- Maximize operational efficiencies using defined metrics continuously improving operational performance while optimizing both company and partner measures.
- Ensuring partner satisfaction through regular communication and execution of both internal and external key performance indicators.
- Ensure a culture of safety throughout the local site by adhering to all safety policies and procedures - monitor warehouse safety, physical security and operational metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Develop and maintain a culture of continuous process improvement that supports our pay for performance model
- Partner with Manager, Operations to coordinate staffing and operational needs of all operations within assigned location, including hiring, firing, performance appraisals, transfers, promotions, discipline, and identifying and resolving problems all within established Company policies, processes and procedures.
- Conducts industrial truck, safety, hazard communication training and certification program and new-hire orientation training.
- Schedules associates by analyzing the workload, delivery schedules, and partner expectations to estimate associate hours required.
- Responsible for payment processing, including credit card payments and checks received. Will reconcile, report and submit all payment transactions at the end of the work day, including executing and balancing daily deposits
- Maintains accurate customer account information and billing requirements to keep up-to-date files
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists Supervisors and associates in solving work problems.
- Interprets Company policies and procedures for associates and enforces safety regulations.
- Provides guidance, support, and direction to Supervisors in the performance of all duties
- Coach, train, and develops associates through training programs, providing both informal (e.g. on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g. written evaluation) job performance based feedback
- Investigates and reports all on-the-job accidents and injuries in a thorough and timely manner. Complies with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Works as a team, with the Manager, Site Operations to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability of operations through P&L responsibility for the site, including revenue and profitability performance against budget.
- Must be very flexible with shift start times as well as days worked, including weekends and holidays.
- 3 years of management and leadership experience in an industrial setting.
- Ability to train, coach, and mentor warehouse associates.
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
- The ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment.
- Ability to manage budgets; read and interpret P&L statements; and prepare related management reports.
- Intermediate PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent aptitude in estimating rates and adding and subtracting mentally while constantly multi-tasking.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Warehousing, Logistics, Supply Chain or Third Party experience preferred
- BS/BA Degree or Associates Degree with Equivalent Experience is a plus but no required
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Proven track record in supervision of warehouse employees including Hiring, Training, and Termination.
- Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service to internal and external customers.
- College degree is a plus.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The job responsibilities and tasks described herein may be modified and expanded over time.
We will offer the successful candidate:
- Salary commensurate with education, experience and skills
- Quarterly incentive based on operational performance.
- Benefits after 30 days including major medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, and 401
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to quality through diversity. We are a Drug- Free Workplace; background check required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Warehouse Management: 3 years