Responsible for coordinating a wide range of human resource functions including recruiting, interviewing, and hiring personnel, providing assistance with performance appraisals, corrective actions and terminations, and ensuring Company employees are well informed of human resource policies and programs. Demonstrate and implement our Trusted Advisor strategy to all internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies in order to legally manage the talent acquisition and hiring process
- Counsels and coaches employees and managers concerning job-related matters and resolves employee requests, complaints and issues courteously and promptly
- Ensures managers and employees are informed of HR related Company objectives, programs, policies and procedures
- Serves as a leader and advisor for HR Management Processes including culture development, career pathing, succession planning and managing the performance management process, including the review of employee’s performance evaluations and recommend salary increases within approved bank guidelines
- Maintains collaborative partnerships with leaders in markets/departments directly supported
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, developing personal growth opportunities and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- Ensures all human resource, including payroll, files, reports and records are completed, maintained and preserved in accordance with established company policies and state and federal regulations
- Collaborates with managers to ensure job descriptions are complete and current
- Communicates employee training needs to the training department
- Completes other duties as assigned
High School graduate or equivalent; Bachelor Degree preferred or equivalent work experience; HR Certification preferred
Thorough knowledge of human resource procedures, policies, federal/state laws and regulations, corporate policy, and employee benefit programs.
Responsible for knowing and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, as detailed in policies that include but are not limited to Bank Secrecy Act and other applicable anti-money-laundering rules, Fair Lending, Community Reinvestment Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and other laws and regulations as they pertain to the position.
Five to seven years in human resource management
Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Professional appearance, dress, and behaviors; Problem solving, critical thinking skills and time management skills; Detail oriented and ability to multi-task; Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.