Works under the direct supervision of a Systems Administrator II, and assists in the planning, design, implementation, operation, security, and maintenance of wired and wireless network infrastructures, leased network and Internet services, and network access and security systems. The SA-I-NS is knowledgeable of and executes processes and procedures for operation and maintenance of software and hardware-based components of Cisco converged networks, wireless networks, firewall and IPS systems, redundancy and failover technologies, filtering and QoS technologies, fiber-optic and UTP cabling systems, and various monitoring, logging, and notification services. The SA-I-NS assists in Network Services documentation and reporting.
Pay Grade: 54 Minimum Qualifications
100.00% - 1. Two (2) years of progressively complex experience in the installation, configuration, and support of intermediate to large desktop, telecommunications and related network environments; and
2. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor"s degree in computer science, information technology, or other related degree; OR
3. An equivalent combination of related education and experience.
4. Experience in lan/wan design, strong knowledge of IP telecommunications and desktop hardware & software support, as well as implementation and support strategies preferred. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Installs and configures network technologies in a timely manner to meet project timelines.
2. Assists in installation and support of advanced network technologies and infrastructure, including Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, VPN, Wireless, IDS, and other network tools and applications to best practices.
3. Assists in implementation of standards and procedures associated with the configuration and support of network technologies, to include best practices for high availability network access, security and reporting.
4. Uses advanced network tools in problem analysis and network performance evaluations.
5. Performs R&D activities on new and evolving network technologies.
6. Provides and maintains network documentation.
7. Works closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
KSAs and Others - 1. Skilled in the configuration and implementation of LAN/WAN solutions.
2. Skilled in the use of network planning tools.
3. Skilled in completing time sensitive tasks and assignments.
4. Skilled in the configuration and support of Network Management technologies (SNMP, RMON, Cisco Works, MRTG, Protocol Analyzers, etc.).
5. Skilled in maintaining network and service reference documentation.
6. Ability to interpret flow charts, block diagrams and related materials, and to conduct program tests.
7. Ability to establish and maintain production and quality control in reference to computer and network operations.
8. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
9. Knowledge of LAN/WAN transport protocols and physical topologies (TCP/IP, IPX, Ethernet, ISDN, Frame-Relay, Fiber Optic & Other Cabling, etc.).
10. Knowledge of complex problem solving techniques in various network environments.
11. Knowledge of network security technologies (Firewalls, IDS, VPN, Wireless Encryption, Certificates, etc.).
12. Good communication skills both verbal and written Special Requirements
1. Must pass a PCI background investigation(local and national).
2. Must be on-call as required.