Gewalt Hamilton is seeking a creative, energetic professional to help cultivate our proposal team. The ideal candidate is passionate, persuasive, and resilient, ready to tackle a challenge. The ability to engage professionals and sell your vision is essential.
As a Proposal Writer, you will be responsible for writing project proposals and marketing material in an engaging, professional manner adhering to the rules and conventions of language. You will incorporate the company values of Integrity, Dedication, and Passion in every phase of your work. The Proposal Writer will be a self-starter, able to carry out assignments with limited oversight in a timely manner. You shall demonstrate exemplary organizational, communication, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills. The Proposal Writer will foster a team environment while contributing as an independent team member.
- Manage all phases of the competitive proposal and SOQ preparation process.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects with competing deadlines.
- Work with project managers, technical staff, sub-consultants, and clients to develop proposals and SOQs that meet the intent of the request.
- Create, organize, and maintain, proposal content, records, and documentation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
- Working with the Marketing & Proposals Manager, redevelop/refine existing strategies, promotional material, and proposal processes to align with corporate goals.
- Understand and communicate technical concepts and terminology related to civil engineering and construction practices to an uninitiated audience.
- Coordinate with project managers and technical staff on the development of content and scheduling.
- Assist in developing appropriate proposal strategy and messaging.
- Prepare and adhere to proposal outlines/checklists and production schedules.
- Write and edit/re-write proposal sections to emphasize messaging and ensure consistency with updated corporate style standards.
- Design compelling graphics to support and enhance proposals and SOQs, presentations, and various promotional materials.
- Write engaging promotional content.
- Create and maintain staff resumes and project experience sheets.
- Typing, graphic design, and printing of documents.
- Facilitate compliance review of proposals and SOQs for accuracy, completeness per RFQ/RFP requirements, and proper document formatting and layout according to updated corporate style standards.
- Research public and private sector opportunities.
- Assist in the development of strategy, messaging, and materials for presentations and project meetings.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with peers and management.
- Deal professionally and courteously with clients, contractors, and sub-consultants.
- Unreasonable enthusiasm and an unquenchable thirst for growth.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior time-management and organizational skills.
- Social perceptiveness and high self-monitoring tendencies.
- Mastery of punctuation, mechanics, grammar, word usage, and syntax.
- Ability to recognize the relevance of specific tasks in relationship to broader objectives.
- Minimum of intermediate skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with specific knowledge of templates, styles, and sections, as well as Reference, Review, and Developer tools in Word; advanced skills preferred.
- Detail oriented in task completion, with the ability to prioritize assignments.
- Minimum of basic to intermediate skills in Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator or interest in learning.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when needed.
- Willingness to assume additional responsibilities in other areas of the office as needed.
- 2-4 years of experience writing proposals in a professional services firm or background in the A/E/C industry preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Proposal Writing: 2 years (Required)