Using engineering techniques, helps to design, maintain, or improve new or existing products and/or components.
- Designs, models and tests protoypes for products
- May conduct research and creates design proposals for projects
- May establish design briefs
- May create concepts, performance, and production criteria
- Identifies and selects materials needed for production
- May produce final drawings and specifications
- Creates parts lists
- Lists costs involved in production
- Negotiates appropriate production processes
- Improves usability of an item
- Uses computer-aided design (CAD) to design concepts
Education & Experience:
High school diploma is required. A technical degree in machine drafting and/or machine design is desired, or three years of practical experience in the drafting & design of automatic process machinery.
- SolidWorks, or similar 3D knowledge, highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills to work effectively and efficiently with multiple teams, both on-site and remotely.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with cross-functional teams.
- Some travel, domestic and international, may be required to verify designs with customers and sales team members.
Job Type: Full-time