Orthopedic office is looking for two full time medical receptionists. The qualifications, roles and responsibilities are listed below.
The positions are for Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. The office see’s patient’s two days a week while the other three days are utilized for other admin related duties listed below.
The office offers competitive salary, benefits, PTO and performance-based bonuses.
· Knowledge of Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid Insurances specifically for an out of network provider.
· Use of Navinet (verifying eligibility & benefits)
· Knowledge of obtaining authorization for office visits and procedures. This includes commercial, Medicaid, workers compensation and Auto insurances.
· Ability to assist in the Booking/Coordinating of planned surgeries with facility and patients.
· Knowledge experience with medical terminology specifically in an orthopedic office setting.
· Knowledge of EMR systems is a must. Knowledge of ECW is a plus.
· Front Desk- Answering office calls. Responsible for properly logging all patient’s information in office EMR system. This includes scheduling new patient appointments or surgical inquiries. Ability to explain insurances (plans, deductibles, copays) to patient’s. Fax inbox management. Schedule related responsibilities include booking patient’s, coordinating patient day with medical staff, confirming appointments etc. Handling completion of all patient forms. Managing medical/ general voice messages and maintaining multiple email inboxes and forwarding messages to other team members.
· Checking In/Out- Greeting patients, verifying insurances, collecting co-pays/ coinsurances and past due balances.
· Eligibility- Knowledge of calling different insurances to inquire if authorization is needed and/or if the service is covered by the plan. Knowledge of CPT codes and ICD 10 codes. Knowledge on obtaining deductible, copay and coinsurances amounts from Navinet or by calling insurances.
· Administrative: Prepare office supply list, organize office supply cabinets, ensure waiting room is presentable, Re-stock and organize exam rooms on day prior to patient days. Schedule FedEx pick-ups when necessary.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Hospital standard COVID-19 precautions.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Orthopedic office: 1 year (Preferred)
- EMR: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location