This position can be a PT of FT role.
Job Title: IT Support Specialist (Entry Level)
Location: Fairfield, NJ
Hotels at Home is a rapidly growing Ecommerce company that pioneered the hospitality retail service. As an industry leader, we offer hotel guests the opportunity to enjoy their favorite room amenities and furnishings in the comfort of their own home by allowing them to shop hotel exclusive merchandise they experienced during their stay. Some of our products include bedroom accessories, bath amenities, beds, pillows and linens. With the help of our services, we are bringing portable hotel quality for guests to enjoy long after checkout.
Our Entry Level IT Support Specialist will assist end users with technical related issues and support various levels of infrastructure including Microsoft Solutions, Windows Desktop and Server OS, MS Exchange, SQL Server and VMWare solutions.
- Providing help desk and technical support services for all company end users both internal and remote.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, installing, configuring, and deploying workstations/laptops, printers, servers and other peripherals & network devices.
- Ensuring network and business continuity through the consistency and maintainability of existing operational platform, including servers (both physical and virtual), networking and telecommunications.
- Identification and resolution of network, hardware and software related failures and issues.
- Root cause analysis, managing technology issues and leading appropriate remedial actions.
- Identify, document and isolate product defects across various applications used by Hotels at Home.
- Provide QA assistance to confirm resolution to defect is properly implemented.
- Documenting existing and new processes, IT policies, procedures, network and system diagrams.
- Assistance with coordinating upgrades and updates to newer technologies, determining impact and best implementation practices.
- Set up new users and systems as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exposure to Windows Desktop and server platform; Mac support is a plus
- Trained how to manage user accounts with Active Directory/Group Policy
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Windows Operations Systems up to Windows 10
- Proficiency using Microsoft products
- Passionate about working with people to solve their technical issues
- Strong ability to multitask and customer service mentality
- Eager to learn, be taught and be resourceful
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Knowledge of access methods, network topologies and network security would be a huge plus
- Experience with AWS would be a huge plus
What We Offer
Hotels at Home has a diverse culture that is fun and relaxed and we offer paid time off, 401k with company match, and health insurance options.
For employment consideration please respond to this posting.
All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal history background check and drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time