Enterprise Support Technician(Job Number:
Henry Schein One delivers connected dental software and services, combined with expert business coaching, to help practices improve every aspect of practice management and grow profits. Our platform for integrated applications lets dental technology connect, share data and automate more tasks, creating a new digital workflow that helps teams work smarter and more efficiently. Our advanced integration improves each stage of the patient experience – from first contact and scheduling, to delivery of treatment and recurring care. Henry Schein One unifies market-leading software, web tools, support, and patient services into one platform that is a standard for connecting all practice dental technology.
This position is responsible to efficiently answer and troubleshoot customer calls, identify problem(s)/concern(s), provide suggestions on long-term solutions and document solutions in detail. Present a positive and professional image of Enterprise products and HSPS to customers. Assist new trainees during their evaluation period. Act as a resource to other HSPS support personnel.
- Answer technical calls regarding Enterprise software:
Provide High-Quality Service – patiently walking customers through problems-solving steps.
Utilize available resources (knowledge base, call logs, other TSMs) to troubleshoot and diagnose customer’s concerns.
Assist co-workers as needed in areas such as product knowledge, hardware basics, operating system basics, troubleshooting skills, customer service skills, time management, and organizational skills.
Participate in testing and/or reproducing customer’s concerns in current applications.
100% call ownership. Every call that comes should be handled by this technician until completely resolved. If a SHPR (Software Hardware Problem Report) or other method is required, call-backs and other PR (Public Relations) steps will be taken to assure customer satisfaction. Extensive research may be necessary.
Use proper dental, accounting, and computer terminology when performing support functions.
Maintain a limited amount of open calls.
- Document information regarding technical calls:
Provide detailed and accurate call logs for every call received.
Document solutions, common calls, and concerns through the knowledge base, email, and/or other reporting methods available.
- Maintain acceptable attendance and attitude:
Follow assigned work schedule accurately (including lunch).
Demonstrate a good working attitude.
Must remain professional on and off the phones.
- Involved in self-improvement programs and special projects set forth in the department:
Develop area(s) of specialty as determined with manager – a minimum of one specialty area per quarter.
Develop and share ideas to improve support and product offerings.
Stay up-to-date on products and support product information.
Attend and participate in provided training.
Set goals to strengthen product knowledge and job skills.
Participate in special products that improve the service provided to Enterprise customers.
Participate in special projects that improve the service provided to our customers.
Exemplify desire for HSPS product and service success in the market.
Exhibit in-depth expertise of all Enterprise products – use the knowledge to handle customer problems and offer problem resolutions.
Maintain Enterprise Knowledge Base.
- Handle important account issues:
Handle escalated offices with professionalism and patience.
May assist in demonstration of product to potential Enterprise customers.
Install software and upgrades for customers through networking channels.
May be asked to travel to offices for troubleshooting purposes in software, network, and hardware.
- Assist training needs for the department and division:
Assist with new technician and team trainings.
May assist in training other technicians, Enterprise salespeople, and customers on the use of the Enterprise software.
Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required
Typically 4 or more years of related experience.
Typically High School education, vocational training and/or on-the-job training. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Very good attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service oriented and ability to work with and resolve complex issues
- Ability to plan and arrange activities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage conflict
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure
- Analytical thinking
- Oversee small to medium sized projects
- Identify and recommend continuous improvement opportunities
- Establish productive working relationships at multiple levels within the organization
- LabNet Software experience preferred/a plus
Excellent knowledge of computer hardware, database structure, and networks; with the ability to increase this knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Expert knowledge of terminal server, Citrix server, and VPN.
- Excellent organizational troubleshooting, problem solving, writing skills, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Descriptively log all information regarding customer contact.
- Assist with gathering and reporting customer feedback as it pertains to the company’s products, policies, and procedures.
- Educate Enterprise customers in the proper and maximum use of Enterprise products and services to improve their practice and daily operations.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose unknown issues related to both software and hardware. Conduct extensive research when necessary.
- Ability to prioritize, handle stress, and adapt to change.
- Network/hardware certifications preferred.
Organized, punctual, and show a clear understanding of how to prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
Full-Time Benefits Available:
Earn generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
Seven Company Paid holidays
Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
401K with competitive company match
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
Lunch delivered daily from local restaurants for purchase
Onsite gym with personal trainer options
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers.