Strategic Security (SSC) is a nationwide leading provider of security guard services, executive protection, bomb dog, intelligence, consulting, investigative services.
As an Unarmed Security Officer, you will be responsible for conducting unarmed foot patrol within a Government, corporate, retail or fast food environment, while providing superior service to customers, visitors and employees. Additional responsibilities include composing reports, monitoring CCTV and alarm systems, controlling access and egress, deterring criminal activity and misconduct, and performing other duties as needed.
In addition to providing physical security, this role will participate in SSC's G.E.T. principals. Greet, Engage and Thank individuals for their business or patronizing the location. These duties include:
- Welcome customers, guests, shoppers, victims, customers, associates, tenants in a warm, gracious manner inviting them into the location.
- Engage by being proactive, examples below.
- Proactively scan for potential threats stemming from criminal activity or life safety issues.
- Proactively seek out and develop rapport with customers by assessing what is important to them and addressing it
- Proactively stay current with the latest information as it pertain to your site and area that may include but not limited to: crime trends, terrorist threats, area shops, restaurants and attractions, including brand profiles, merchandise collections, promotions and current news.
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or calls police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Identify and warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits. May be required to utilize hand held wands or walk through magnetometers.
- Prevent individuals from theft of company property
- Investigate and prepares reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities; maintain written logs as required by the post
- Liaison with local law enforcement
- Share that information with customers or any of above when interactions with them require it
- Guide customers to their destinations or available open lines or other key points of interest
- Anticipate and answer customer inquiries. Know you job and local area
- Facilitate various guest services, including transportation and area attraction inquiries.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, concerns, or complaints; relay pertinent information to management
- Ensure job site area with your area of control is clean and professional at all times.
- Assist with basic first aid
- Make emergency notifications.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
Strategic Security (SSC) is a security provider for the United States Government, private organizations such as fortune 500 companies, solar and wind farms, oil and gas companies, banks, medical facilities, factories, warehouses, distribution centers, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of Strategic Security (SSC), you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
Strategic Security Corp. Employees are also entitled to the following perks of employment:
- Various discounts and access to exclusive deals with our corporate affiliates and partnerships including cell phone data plans, home goods and travel / entertainment
- Weekly pay periods
- Flexible scheduling (as available and will vary by location, management and company needs)
Strategic Security (SSC) offers job security with many of our jobs resulting in full time employment, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States.
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
- Pass and possess a State Licensed Unarmed Security Guard Card / License if required by you State / City / Locality
Verifiable work history if previously employed and must possess one or more of the following:
- Graduate of an accredited high school or a Certificate of Completion of General Education Development requirements; and meet one of the following experience / education requirements:
- Experience of 1 year as a security officer strongly preferred
- Ability to follow orders
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must have demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Must be warm, engaging, charismatic; and possess a natural ability to develop rapport with others in an authentic and sincere manner
- Must practice good judgment; high level of integrity
- Must be proactive; take initiative with minimal supervision
- Must be resourceful; think critically and finds solutions even without the obvious resources
- Must be able to navigate challenging situations while remaining positive
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment*
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About The Company
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Strategic Security (SSC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (888) SSC-RISK.
Pay: $27.00 per hour