A member of the Procurement and Sales and Merchandising Team, the Buyer’s Assistant assists department heads and category management teams with inter-company and vendor communications and product management solutions.
Some Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Using databases create and delete product, items for sale.
- Communicate to all pertinent departments and retail stores information concerning new and deleted products.
- Using databases create new product vendors/suppliers.
- Responsible for timely and accurate data input including product pricing offers, product cost changes, KPRs, ad items and ad pricing
- Enter and update special notes for the buying team including ad information, KPRs and special event information including dates.
- Answer phones for department and category managers.
- Work with buying team and vendor/suppliers to make sure all billing is complete, accurate and on time.
- Complete product plus-out information provided by category managers and communicate this information to retail teams and replenishment buyers by scheduled deadlines.
- Performing clerical functions including scanning, faxing, and photocopying documents.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- Demonstrate the high level of interpersonal skills necessary to interact successfully with fellow team, office and retail members.
- Ability to think analytically and to be very detail oriented.
- Ability to complete all tasks in a timely fashion with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use computerized database systems including the running of various reports.
- Ability to consistently complete tasks and assignments with little supervision.
- Ability to professionally handle sensitive and confidential situations and documents.
- Knowledgeable of established office administration practices and procedures.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Must have enough dexterity with fingers and hands to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to read company reports and information contained in payroll databases.
- Must be able to solve math problems using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Established proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Able to use a 10-key pad/keyboard by touch.
- Must be able to twist torso and lift at least 20 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must have a high school diploma, with some college education preferred.
- Two years previous experience working in retail grocery and/or in clerical “office support” positions strongly preferred.
Some job requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.