At Harvest, we are in the business of improving people’s lives. We bring our purpose to life by creating life-enhancing experiences in the communities we serve, navigating our business lines with excellence, and dedicating ourselves to shaping the future of cannabis as a leading healthcare solution. As a team that connects, enlightens, and empowers, Harvest is looking for leaders who are inspired by our vision and wish to grow with us as we continue our national expansion. If you too would like to improve people’s lives, we’d like to learn more about you.
The Harvest Way is defined by our people. We are committed to our values and have created a culture of trust, but we also remember to have fun. Here are a few more reasons why Harvest is a great place to be:
- Competitive pay
- Attractive insurance benefits and options
- Paid time off
- Professional development and workplace engagement initiatives
We believe in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our company a welcoming space where everyone can make an impact on Harvest’s success. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to join us.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES *
Harvest’s Director of Wholesale Sales will lead and oversee Harvest’s national wholesale sales objectives, initiatives, and strategies. The Director of Wholesale will be an integral member of our team as the leader who is managing the success of our national wholesale divisions while setting short- and long-term wholesale sales strategies. A key aspect will be evaluating the effectiveness and success of current programs and product brands and staying ahead in a fast-growing and highly competitive market. Some additional key areas of responsibility also include:
- Direct a team of channel wholesale sales representatives to execute and exceed sales and profit goals.
- Create forecasts and execution plans in collaboration with operational and manufacturing leadership for quarterly and annual financial achievements.
- Develop the company’s sales processes and commission compensation structures in partnership with management.
- Travel 30%+ of the time to Harvest manufacturing and wholesale locations around the U.S. to build the business.
- Identify and approach key or strategic partners and set short- and long-term wholesale strategies.
- Recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential in existing and emerging markets, both medical and recreational.
- Plan, develop, and execute training with sales representatives on full line of wholesale brands, strategic promotional activities, and event planning initiatives to build customer relationships and boost Wholesale sales across the nation.
- Gain knowledge of competitors’ products on national medical and recreational markets and share this information with key leaders to build strategies around increasing market share.
- Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- 7-10 years of prior channel/wholesale sales director and leadership experience.
- Experience in industries that are adjacent to cannabis, or cannabis-specific product knowledge, is a plus.
- Expert sales skills and success in rolling-out large-scale sales strategies and initiatives in multiple markets.
- Must be willing to travel across the US to support the development of a national wholesale department in medical and recreational cannabis markets.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be adaptable on short notice.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Willingness to go above and beyond for our team and customers.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media
o Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
o Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they’re completed effectively the first time.
- If necessary, ability to work 7 days per week.
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US; Proper employment documentation; reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 20 pounds if relevant to job duties listed above.
- Through extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day. Must be capable of working in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above.
- Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location:
o Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is desirable.
- Minimum High School or G.E.D equivalent is required.
- The above requirements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description may be amended at any time. Required experience, training, or educational requirements shall be as indicated or as deemed acceptable by Harvest management.