At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
Jackson Hewitt is looking for a Digital Product Director to lead the charge in designing and launching a new and disruptive digital product for the company. This person will own the product development lifecycle and execution from inception through launch, including operationalizing the business and optimizing for results once in market. This role will report to the VP of New Business.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Market Landscape
- Conduct relevant product research; establishing competitive intelligence and various market analyses that supplement and compliments analyses already conducted.
- Analyze market and business information to inform the formulation of product solutions and strategies to be presented to parts of the business.
- Continually monitor and report on competitive environment including current and new entrants, functionality, product features, distribution strategies and pricing.
2. Product Definition
- Collaborate with leadership and across functional areas to set product strategy and roadmap.
- Provide strategic direction to define the user experience and identify areas of opportunity or new technologies that could improve user experience, make processes more efficient or drive cost savings.
- Work with executive leadership and VP of New Business to define, communicate, and execute short and long-term product goals as articulated by a product roadmap. Ensure alignment to the larger business strategy.
- Own and document product requirements, including working closely with MarTech Lead on the creation of user stories, functional requirements, data requirements, and release checklists.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Operations, UX and CX, and Technology teams to ensure that requirements and processes are accurately capturing client needs while aligning product with target market positioning.
- Collaborate with Customer Support to collect feedback on product improvements, develop and define feature requests, define opportunities for user research and user testing, and create metrics for tracking product success.
3. Product Development & Deployment
- Own the overall success of a product’s definition, development, and deployment against deadlines and internal current and long-term goals.
- Execute the role of product owner in release process and ensure rigor in release criteria definition and enforcement.
- Help define metrics for product's reliability, scalability, performance, and security and continuously assess its adherence against such metrics.
4. Operational Support
- Establish operational objectives and work plans and lead stakeholders across the company to ready the product for launch.
- Work closely with VP of New Business to create clear and accessible content (e.g. workflow diagrams, visuals, compelling descriptions) about a product’s value and features to be used in training, client onboarding and marketing.
- Liaise with engineering, marketing, sales, and design departments to translate the product needs into requirements and to drive consensus within the departments, which ultimately promotes the achievement of the product goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in product management and launching products, product marketing experience a plus
- Experience leading both internal and external cross-functional teams in the design and execution of go-to-market plans
- Analytical mindset with strong quantitative skills and advanced knowledge of web analytics (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics), Excel, and other data analytics tools
- Ability to analyze complex requirements and a passion for creating simple solutions
- Success with product launch, including all stages of the product life cycle: conception, requirements gathering and documentation, development, quality assurance, launch, user testing, and features requests.
- Demonstrated competency in writing clear user stories, requirements, user experience pathways/flow, and other technical documentation, both for MVP and additional releases.
- Experience working across multiple functional disciplines (e.g. management, content producers, engineering, operations, QA) to ensure on-time product delivery.
- Exceptional team management skills: the abilities to foster a sense of team accountability and high performance, and to drive process with diplomacy and enthusiasm.
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.