- 3+ year of contact center or equivalent experience.
Join Amazon's Employee Resource Center (ERC) team and help make a difference for all Amazonians. The ERC provides HR assistance to Amazon employees, in the form of accurate, consistent, and timely responses to inquiries from various contact channels – phone, web case and chat. The ERC primarily exists to help Amazon employees find answers to their questions and solve their complex HR problems. The ERC team is comprised of approximately 900 associates supporting Amazon employees in 49 countries and 14 languages. ERC associates are located in eight locations globally.
We are currently building a team of Seasonal ERC Associates that will be part of a special team dedicated to answering employee questions via phone about time away from work due to illness. In this role, team members will interact directly with Amazon employees in a way that builds trust and displays empathy by providing accurate information and resolving issues. Associates must be able to listen actively to employees concerns and questions, and provide complete and accurate information about HR policy, time off policy, pay impacts, benefits information, and other HR items. Successful candidates must demonstrate empathy in handling difficult calls and apply good judgement.
As an ERC Associate, your responsibilities will be:
- Serve as the support contact for Amazon employees with questions about their time away from work due to illness
- Take ownership of employee contacts ensuring that each contact is accepted and resolved with a high degree of customer focus
- Build customer trust by empathetic handling of sensitive issues
- Resolve queries by referring to documentation such as frequently asked questions and standard operating procedures and escalate when these cannot be resolved
- Receive queries via phone, email or chat and log contacts into the shared service case management system
- Knowledge of US federal and state leave and disability laws
- Previous HR experience
- Experience handling difficult calls and successfully applying de-escalation techniques
- Proven ability to manage customer contacts in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.