What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer's Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First®. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers' hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We have primary offices in San Carlos, CA, Sioux Falls, SD, Chicago, IL, High River (Calgary), AB, and Bozeman, MT, with additional satellite offices and an extended network of storage, distribution and sales locations.
FBN is looking for an independent, passionate, talented, and motivated Evaluator to join us in the North America region. In this role you will be responsible for performing physical evaluations of our warehouse and distribution facilities in North America, evaluating the application of safety, regulatory, and physical security across locations, people, processes and measures in order to identify vulnerabilities. This will include the reporting of identified vulnerabilities, and ensuring that you document and provide guidance on the path to resolution. You will be responsible for the creation of all written reports related to the evaluations you conduct. You will also participate in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and standards, as well as identifying areas for possible improvement.
- Under supervision, evaluates programs for compliance with safety, health, environmental and agricultural product laws, rules, and regulations and recommend monitoring and compliance plans
- Perform inspections and audits, interviews, technical reviews and make recommendations for compliance actions as needed
- Investigate complaints
- Review permit applications against permit requirements and regulations
- Perform report writing that addresses key issues noted during the audit
- Develop recommendations for cost reduction and operational efficiency improvements
- Minimum of 5 years experience working within the agricultural inputs industry.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with environmental, health, safety, security or loss control issues.
- Working knowledge of the basic OSHA, EPA, DOT, DHS and related regulatory requirements.
- Must be capable of climbing to elevated platforms, sometimes reaching 50 feet or more.
- Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
- ResponsibleAg auditor certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sound communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Customer service approach
This position is largely virtual requiring a willingness to travel 75%+ of the time.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer's Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration's E-Verify program.