Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
We are a fast paced, highly efficient, innovative team, building a forward looking, one of a kind network to provide fast and reliable Internet to the residents of San Antonio.
At Access, our mission is to create abundant internet on networks that are always fast and always open. Google Fiber provides superfast Internet to homes across the U.S. We want to bring Google Fiber to customers even faster, so we’re focused on making deployment more efficient and less intrusive.
- Manage vendors related to the maintaining the Google Fiber Network in the San Antonio market.
- Maintain Google Fiber infrastructure in the market on an ongoing basis. Including Installing and Maintaining optical equipment (OLT’s, Line Cards) patch cords, etc.
- Support new Build, Drop Installation and Customer Installation efforts to manage Google Fiber growth.
- Perform New Plant Testing and Acceptance to ensure products meet quality standards and provide the best experience possible.
- Produce/ review/ approve MOP’s.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics or Finance) or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in high speed digital/analog/optical system design.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Network management systems, network monitoring systems or network operations.
- Experience in a telecommunications field with experience in fiber deployment projects.
- MBA or Master's degree in Engineering, Telecommunications
- 10 years of experience with Fiber to the Home (FTTH) infrastructure, and experience in construction on new outside and inside plant (OSP/ISP) fiber infrastructure.
- Experience in working with outside vendors and knowledge of contracts, payables/receivables and budget management; general knowledge of leases, construction terms and practices.
- High knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Demonstrated ability to work with little or no guidance. Ability to independently identify and pursue the most strategic opportunities.
- Strategic thinking and strong data analysis skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.