We are a new start-up tutoring company, trying to build our team and look for tutors who are fond of knowledge, believe in the power of knowledge, and have passion to disseminate knowledge. Tutors will need to work with students on 1-on-1 basis, teach SAT/ACT test preparation classes, or hold mini classes for subjects of interest. As students’ academic coach, tutors will need to
- Evaluate students’ situation and identify their academic struggles.
- Formulate effective study plans based on students’ goals and progress.
- Teach students test strategies applicable to particular test.
- Locate and assign exercises that can help students improve their skills and academic performance.
- Engage students in the learning process and ensure their ability to apply knowledge.
- Explore students’ thinking and learning habits and help them build a strong mind.
- Communicate with staff and parents through reports/meetings and keep them well informed about students’ status.
- Good SAT/ACT/GRE/MCAT scores or a mastery of an academic subject (Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calculus AB/BC, Physics, English, statistics, Biology, or Chemistry, etc.).
- Previous tutoring experience is preferred, but we also accept non-experienced candidates who are willing to learn. Training will be provided.
- College students currently pursuing degrees (especially teaching degree) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Great presentation skills, communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for teaching and a positive attitude.
- Patience and flexibility with students with different learning styles.
- Enthusiasm for working with high-school students.
Location: San Francisco
Job type: Part-Time Contractor
If you are interested, please reply with your resume, subjects you would like to teach, and expected hourly wage.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- San Francisco, CA (Preferred)