Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
The Community Construction Manager will serve as the Company’s representative at the work-site in dealings with subcontractors, suppliers, customers and government inspectors while ensuring compliance with all federal and state procedures and regulations, including safety, storm water, and building codes. Some of the responsibilities will include the following.
- Manage the homebuilding process from receipt of building permit to closing of the sale and ensure building code, environmental, safety compliance and the quality specifications of the Company and its customers.
- Manage trade partner execution of contract obligations and make recommendations on whether to engage or terminate contractors and vendors.
- Track the home costs against original estimates as construction progresses.
- Ensure that contractors and vendors perform on schedule and within budget through monitoring and updating construction schedules so homes are delivered on time.
- Conduct Quality Assurance inspections and document those inspections throughout construction process.
- Consult with inspectors to ensure that the project complies with applicable regulations and meets the project delivery dates.
- Proactively identify and mitigate reoccurring construction issues.
- Train others in established Company safety and storm water procedures and work with subcontractors to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and storm water procedures and regulations.
Requirements for this position include a bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university; 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience and/or education. Successful candidate must maintain a valid driver's license. Knowledge of building code requirements and scheduling methods required. Supervisory skills necessary.
Candidate must proactively face challenges while being committed to providing customers with excellent services and products. The capacity for directing others while under pressure and maintaining a high level of ethics and integrity in all dealings is a must. Strategic planning abilities, handling multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines and demonstrating good judgment and decision-making skills are necessities for this position. The candidate must have a proven track record of success in building effective teams and interpersonal relationships while steadfastly pushing self and others for results.
K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC, a subsidiary of Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc., a well-respected publicly traded company, is committed to providing an environment and programs that help our associates flourish. You can look forward to professional support and extensive benefits—including medical/dental/vision coverage, discounts on mortgages and home appliances, and a 401(k) plan. To learn more about us, visit www.khov.com/careers.
Search Firms Please Read Carefully:
K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any associate at K. Hovnanian via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of K. Hovnanian. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by K. Hovnanian as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job Type: Full-time