Job Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
Receives, stores, picks, counts, or distributes material and products within establishments by performing the following duties in a safe, accurate, efficient, fast-paced, timely, and cost effective manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets customers in the store when working in customer areas
- Directs customers to specific merchandise and offer accurate and current information about the product to customers with questions.
- Maintains a positive and cheerful demeanor and attitude when interacting with the public and coworkers.Operations:
- Receives, unloads and verifies new merchandise shipment within set time limits manually with the help of receiving equipment and operators
- Conveys materials and items from receiving to storage or to designated sales floor areas as needed.
- Sorts and places items on racks, and shelves, in a predetermined sequence such as size, style, color and product code.
- Replenishes merchandise as needed by taking product from the bulk racks and takes them to the appropriate location on the selling floor.
- Helps to assemble, pack and ship transfers of merchandise between retail locations or distribution centers.
- Controls the damaged merchandise and mis-mate inventory by processing according to company standards in a timely manner monthly.
- Maintains the stockroom areas in a neat and orderly manner, and in keeping with the Company’s Operational and Safety policies.
- Safety policies and procedures
- Practices security measures that help deter theft, understands the procedures for handling transfers in or out, receiving new merchandise, handling merchandise discrepancies.
- Practices safety consciousness at all times
- Reports to work on time or notifies a member of management if absent or late.
Education & Experience
- High School DiplomaWork Experience:
- 0-2 years of experience
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
Required work authorization: