The Human Resources-Benefits Team at Bertelsmann, Inc. is responsible for providing support to the organization including the development, negotiating, customizing and administration of health, welfare & well-being programs as well as recruiting, onboarding, and payroll. The team also provides day-to-day benefits support to the employees and local Human Resouces of Bertelsmann's subsidiary Companies within the United States, including Penguin Random House, BMG, FremantleMedia, Arvato Systems and other holdings/groups, including new acquisitions.
The Employee Benefits Internship will provide the opportunity for an understanding of Employee Benefits at an employee-facing level.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General administrative support for the Employee Benefits team including but not limited to helping develop communications to employees, data entry, processing confidential employee information, scheduling, scanning documents, and light reporting.
- Customer support for employees seeking assistance with employee benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Graduated with, or currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field of study.
- Have a strong interest in the Benefits field.
- Able to commit at least 2 days (up to 19 hours) per week through the Fall of 2020.
- Able to recognize and maintain strict confidentiality and employee privacy.
- Able to work independently or as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to be detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Maintain a strong customer-service mentality and a desire to learn.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel, Word and Powerpoint), and Adobe for .pdf forms.
- Administrative experience is preferred.
- Please note remote access is required.
Bertelsmann is a media, services and education company that operates in about 50 countries around the world. Its key geographical markets are Western Europe – especially Germany, France, Britain and Spain – as well as the United States. Bertelsmann’s corporate divisions include RTL Group (television), Penguin Random House (books), Gruner + Jahr (magazines), Arvato (services), Bertelsmann Printing Group (print), Bertelsmann Education Group and Bertelsmann Investments.
United States of America