Dignity Health, one of the nation's largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org . You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook .
Manager Clinical Analytics
The Manager, Clinical Analytics will have managerial responsibility for all aspects related to the managed care clinical analytical and reporting requirements of Dignity Health hospitals and medical groups. The position will provide input regarding the operations of the analytical team as well as policies, procedures and budget. The position will also participate as an integral member of Dignity Health's negotiation team.
Dignity Health and Sponsoring congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable heath services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
- Responsible for clinical analytics to support commercial, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid managed care payer contract renewals for Dignity Health hospitals and medical groups.
- Analyzes utilization data to provide insight into clinical performance enhancement opportunities.
- Manages the planning and direction of departmental projects and operations. Sets direction and priorities regarding areas that require more in-depth analysis.
- Prepares and delivers clinical analytics to corporate managed care personnel and other senior management.
- Serves as key liaison with third-party payer personnel to represent Dignity Health results.
- Directs and manages professional finance staff and participates in key project teams.
- Participates in various aspects of key cross-functional assignments.
- Participates in staff interviewing, performance evaluation, performance management.
- Able to assign, direct, review and perform work as well as related follow up and coordination activities.
- Able to provide training and assistance on a full range of finance issues to internal and external staff.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Managed Care Analytics.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience. Advance degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Seven years demonstrated in-depth healthcare finance experience, of which at least three years are in a supervisory/management capacity.
- Extensive experiences in analyzing clinical savings opportunities.
- High degree of advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with specific application to hospital, medical and actuarial data.
- Working knowledge of information systems and their application to managed care and hospitals.
- Working Knowledge of MS-DRGs, APCs and other coding methodologies as they apply to managed care.
- Working knowledge of risk scoring techniques and measurement of healthcare utilization against benchmarks.
- Working knowledge of disease management analyses.
- Has functional and cross functional area project experience.
- Able to guide, lead and oversee staff while providing clear and accurate information regarding tasks, assignments, policies, etc.
- Exhibits strong understanding of business strategies.
- Maintains effective working relationships within and outside managed care while gaining the confidence and trust of client management.
- Uses appropriate communication vehicles; understands audience and uses the best method of conveying a message.
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.