Auto req ID:
Health Services Manager
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Health Services Manager serves Progress Rail Corporation, a Caterpillar Company, throughout our global footprint. The Health Services Manager provides guidance to facilities, interfaces with local, state and federal agencies, establishes goals and objectives, provides case management, develops Health programs, and manages and directs the corporate health services team, audits facilities and programs for compliance and effectiveness.
Key Job Elements
- Case management of occupational and non-occupational illnesses which includes aspects related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Workers’ Compensation, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and short-term/long-term disability benefits;
- Provides strategic guidance, technical expertise and support to health services team (e.g., facility/business unit nurses, medical admin assistants, etc.);
- Leads legal and regulatory compliance programs for the enterprise working with state and federal regulations and laws including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and various international regulatory requirements.
- Develops and drive strategic programs and ensure implementation of cost-effective, sustainable and compliant solutions, considering all relevant external legislations and internal guidelines.
- Oversees and coordinates triage and treatment of occupational injury and illness; assists with early return to work program (ERTW); manages FMLA leaves of absence; oversees new hire pre-employment programs (including drug screens); coordinates employee assistance program (EAP); and manages various health services databases (OHM, workers’ comp database, etc.).
- Actively manages existing occupational health risks and establish KPIs for occupational health to provide a reliable and objective overview on the status, performance and activities of all sites, functions and business units;
- Ensures that medical care infrastructure at each site is adequate in consideration of the occupational health-related risks at site, country and regions as well as in consideration of business needs;
- Leads health & wellness efforts to identify health promotion priorities globally and drives roll out of promotions;
- Develops global standards for occupational health based on business needs, identifies required resources to ensure successful implementation, and ensures continual improvement of agreed standards;
- Provides technical support as a subject matter expert in an effective and efficient manner including appropriate occupational health related trainings.
Education / Training
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing with valid Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Certified as an Occupational Health Nurse Specialist, Case Manager, Safety Manager (COHN-S, CM, SM) preferred.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Occupational Health.
- Solid understanding of occupational health practices and regulatory requirements
- Proven experience and technical leadership skills within the Occupational Health field
- Ability to travel on demand - 20% plus travel expected
- Excellent communication, leadership, project management, and business management skills
- Ability to independently manage corporate Health Services strategies throughout various business units on a global basis.
- Solid personnel management experience.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
- Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities