Deloitte Consulting’s Human Capital practice is a leading global advisor and implementation partner working with companies, governments, and organizations around the world. Our goal is to improve our clients’ organizational results and impact by focusing on challenges at the intersection of business and people.
Work you’ll do
As an HR Strategic Communication Manager in the Human Capital as a Service practice of Deloitte’s Human Capital group, you will perform the following job responsibilities:
- Develop strategic communication plans and campaigns addressing global human resources, benefits, compensation and change management issues
- Manage communications work streams from initial client meetings and concept development through writing, review, revision, production, distribution and evaluation
- Develop project plans and timelines, document project budgets, select appropriate media and craft key messages
- Develop a broad range of communication materials for a variety of audiences using multiple communication channels, including: print, multi-media, social networks and web
- Work with designers and senior staff to develop graphic identities and approaches, and select and manage relationships with outside vendors for design, production and distribution needs and on-line communications
- Attend sales calls, assess needs, develop proposals and deliver presentations.
- Balance multiple assignments and schedule workload to meet established deadlines
- Keep abreast of technical developments in employee benefits and compensation, and communication trends; participate in outside targeted industry organizations.
- Participate in presentations to other functional groups within the firm and engage in eminence building activities Human Capital
- Participate in local and regional team-building events as well as national communications networking activities
- Manage junior resources
As part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Human Capital professionals work closely with clients around the world to develop effective and efficient people-centered solutions. Our team helps clients define their talent strategy and align it with their executive business vision using innovative strategic frameworks that enhance HR service delivery models, set the stage for continuously improving operational excellence, and reimagines the HR brand. Learn more about our Human Capital practice.
Our consultants work collaboratively with clients to develop competitive rewards programs so that they can recruit and retain talent effectively. In addition to applying these skills in traditional settings, our consultants provide advisory services related to these issues in mergers and acquisitions, governance and risk management, enterprise cost reduction efforts, and other transformational business initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of related work experience such HR-related communications, change management or other communications experience.
- Project management and work plan development experience
- Experience with or exposure to strategic change management and change communication strategies and assignments
- Experience managing teams
- Presentation experience and understanding of on-line, print and video communication channels
- Working knowledge of employee benefits, compensation and human resource programs
- Strong creative, writing, editing, organizational, strategic planning, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management and follow through
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Experience in a compensation consulting firm
- Experience with benefits communication
- CEBS certification
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html