Diana Pet Food is the global leader and pioneer of high-value solutions improving pets’ well-being and owners’ satisfaction. Present on 5 continents, 17 industrial sites and 17 sales offices, the business unit is aiming to become the number one choice in high-value solutions for pets. Looking at the big picture, Diana Pet Food takes into account all stakeholders to improve the quality of life of pets, increase pet owner satisfaction, and support customer brand performance, all at once.
- Responsible for the improvement of the raw material and ingredient quality and guarantee with the buyers the quality of the raw materials delivered to our plants
- Manage supplier’s site audit of their Food Safety Management System and lead supplier’s continuous improvement as expected from them to support our growth
- Lead continuous improvement within supplier organization
- Survey and evaluate sanitary conditions and take preventive & corrective action accordingly
- Monitor the nutritional and food safety results of deliveries
- Understand the methods and analytical tools used
- Periodical quality and performance review for guarantying the food safety and the transfer of the DPF improvement tools
- Put in place relevant quality focus at reception and follow up (Micro)
- Propose and agree with supplier relevant continuous improvement plan and follow the effectiveness of the corrective and preventive actions.
- Periodic communication in place with key suppliers
- Update the quarterly synthesis and the annual evaluation file and share it with the buyer
- Pilot the raw Material Risk Assessment of raw material in relation with the R&D, Central
- Manage the creation and update of raw material specifications as required
- Evaluate regulatory climate by monitoring and analyzing regulations (FDA,CFIA,…), guidelines and standards, assistance if required in FDA/USDA inspections
- Guarantee the knowledge management of the raw material quality and share this knowledge with the team
- Collaborate with other DPF regions to close audit gaps and share findings
- Evaluate supplier capability for continuous improvement and innovation
- Evaluate the supplier raw material policy, tool capability and management ability to deliver a consistent product
- Evaluation of critical step management
- Manage samples analysis with the buyers and lab feed-back
- Manage the audits (plant, organization, tools, traceability…) of each suppliers
- Write audit reports, propose corrective action plan and follow-up accordingly
- Communication of our Quality , Food safety and Sustainability policies to suppliers
- Extensive travel of 60-75% required
- BS in Business Management required; MBA or Masters level preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role required
Position will office in our North American Headquarters in Hodges, SC. Convenient travel from Greenville/Spartanburg (GSP) airport. Many lifestyle living options from the bustle of downtown Greenville, SC, country living in various locations, or lake life on the beautiful and affordable Lake Greenwood. *** Due to high travel requirements may home office position in other locations for highly experienced candidates ***
Diana Pet Food offers medical, dental, vision, 401K, long and short term benefits. Holiday pay, vacation and personal time paid time off.
Diana Pet Food considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Job Type: Full-time