Dodec, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced HVAC Superintendent to supervise construction projects in the Miami-Dade/Broward County area. Interested applicants should submit their resume via email to
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, supervision, inspections,quality control, and job site safety.
- Plan, assign, inspect and supervise construction activities and prepare daily reports of activities on the jobsite.
- Attend and participate in jobsite meetings; attend training classes.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Check and troubleshoot equipment.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Order and pick up parts for jobs to maintain work personnel on the job.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Coordinate work with multiple projects as needed.
- Possess good judgment and decision-making ability.
- Assist in budget planning and scheduling.
- Determine time and cost estimates for HVAC jobs.
- Provide technical assistance when requested.
- Perform related work as required.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in installing HVAC equipment.
Comprehensive knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Ability to read plans, prepare estimates and order materials for construction projects.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in determining operating conditions.
- Ability to plan, lay out, supervise and inspect the work of subordinates.
- Ability to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and execute in a multi task environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum high school diploma. Extensive, verifiable experience in HVAC systems including some supervisory experience.
Typically, the associate will not be sitting to do the work. Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures. While performing the duties of this job there may be some standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Pass drug and background screens.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project & Outlook) preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $40,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year