DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Providing Opportunity, Assistance and Care for Arizonans in need!
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS):
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES CASE MANAGER –
Division of Child Support Services (DCSS)
Potential Worksite Locations in Maricopa County Include:
11420 N. 19th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85029
515 N. 51st Avenue, #120, Phoenix, AZ 85043
The DCSS Debts Case Manager determines appropriate case management actions within established judicial, quasi-judicial and administrative guidelines for local and intergovernmental cases, including locating absent parents to collect and enforce child support obligations. This position reviews and analyzes legal documents for accuracy and application into automated systems; analyzes complex fiscal management data on internal and external systems and reports; reviews cases for modification to the child support order based on circumstances to increase or decrease the amount of child support.
- Reviews cases for modification to the child support order based on circumstances to increase or decrease the amount of child support
- Interprets and applies information for the purpose of correctly calculating and distributing child support for current support, support arrearages and reimbursement of monies expended
- Reviews and analyzes legal documents for accuracy and application into automated systems and analyzes complex fiscal management data on internal and external systems and reports
- Applies complex policy and procedural rules to determine apportionment of obligations owed; researches information on available databases to ensure the accuracy of court order information and pay records
- Reviews and researches court ordered proceedings for accuracy and application of financial child support obligations
- Works diligently with internal and external partners to obtain financial reports for accurate calculations and fiscal management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Legal documents
- Court and administrative processes
- Interviewing techniques
- Understanding and interpretation of legal and child support processes
- Analyzing and interpreting information and data
- Managing large caseloads
- Microsoft Office and Excel
- Excellent data entry
- Accounts receivable and financial management
- Detail Orientated
- Meet data accuracy and reliability
- Work with diverse groups of people
- Handle large volumes of in-bound calls and walk-in traffic
- Perform complex calculations
- Adapt to change
- Be analytical and ‘think outside the box’
- Be flexible and reliable, in a team setting
- Take and pass, pursuant to Department standards, a debt calculation test
- Investigative research and analytical ability
- Court order interpretation
- Financial terminology interpretation
- Case management skills preferred
- Ability to type 35+ wpm
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired state employees
- Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions
- Valid Arizona State Driver’s License
The Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Sick leave
- Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact 602-542-4620 for assistance.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-364-3981. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.