Candidate will prepare court filings and other documents for attorney review and signature to include:
- Status reports to the courts
- Pre-hearing motions
- Proposed sanctions
- Discovery requests
- Settlement stipulations
- Candidate will conduct legal and factual research; review and edit draft attorney documents; solicit feedback from attorneys, client agency staff and other parties; file documents with the court; serve copies on parties.
Candidate will be involved in case management to include;
- Develop timeline for settlement negotiations and discovery/prehearing phases of adjudication.
- Reviews incoming scheduling orders
- Regularly updates case list
- Coordinates and communicates case information between NRS staff, the client agency, court personnel and claimants.
- Compiles claim files, agency materials, public records.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Must have at least 3 years of current litigation support experience in a heavy caseload environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks based on court deadlines and attorney demands.
- Must have Paralegal certificate.
- Must have excellent communication and written skill.
- Must have experience working within litigation support databases such as Concordance and Relativity.
Job Type: Full-time
- litigation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Court Deadlines: 1 year (Preferred)
- Washington, DC (Preferred)
- Paralegal Certificate (Preferred)