Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $7.9B in revenue for fiscal 2018, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 130 manufacturing facilities worldwide and employs over 24,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
This position will drive Berry’s Environmental, Health and Safety programs providing strategic direction and leadership for the Engineered Materials Division Region 2. Role can be based in either Greenville, SC or Matthews, NC. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited;
- Demonstrate expertise in connecting EH&S initiatives to overall Berry strategy and organization effectiveness utilizing effective change management techniques.
- Ensures compliance with all EH&S current and developing country and location regulations, codes and key constraints.
- Work with Corporate EH&S Team to develop and implement standardized programs to maintain full compliance with EH&S regulations and standards to meet/exceed metrics.
- Measure division performance benchmarking against best in class manufacturing to create and implement plans with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Develop, review, maintain and conduct EH&S program training that are required to enhance EH&S Performance
- Provides strategic direction to sustain a comprehensive system for hazard prevention and control.
- Implement/maintain behavior based safety program
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials
- Manage Safety & Health programs within the HHS division to include International Environmental, Health and Safety regulations. Includes developing, and providing guidance to all Plant managers and EHS Managers at International locations.
- Assure proper recordkeeping of results in all areas and develop effective and efficient reporting mechanisms that meet the regulations and inform the leadership.
- Bachelor of Science in Occupation Safety and/or Environmental or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in leadership roles involving international employees and locations desired but not required
- Multi-lingual is desired but not required
- Excellent leadership abilities and extensive knowledge of OSHA & EPA requirements
- Knowledge of global safety and environmental requirements